Fast car show at crail

[quote]wherever is easier for u john. somewhere near the forth bridge around 8 am :?

scott[/quote]

hi scott

ok i’ll be at mc donalds at the bridge ( going to play with some corsa driver :lol: ) the daughters b/f is meeting up with some members of the corsa club at mc donalds about 7.30 , so i’ll be there around that time.

john

Cool - I’ll hit there for the same time as you guys.

Yep the brain is leaking…

No more cars Scott but wa so close to going for Pauls in Edinburgh…the wife gave me the go ahead based on we coudl call it hers! But sense took hold and then GTO started playing up so have decided to spend the money on this one…

Mark

pauls reduced the price mate :wink: very tempting offer for you :lol:

And his ecu would get your car running til you got your leaky one back…

Btw - if you need driveway room I’ll give you a tenner for the Quattro. I’d kill for one to restore and paint fire engine red like the one in Ashes to Ashes.

Right, let’s fire up the Quattro!

£20 :lol:

Hey Guy’s, I’m not sure if I’ll make this…

Cheers

Ewan

£30!

You got a dose of the GTO flu Ewan? You can always borrow my dad’s new car - a Saab 96 1975 Anniversary edition. It’s a V4…quite fast [size=4]if compared to a glacier[/size] and only minor structural rust. And a leaky fuel tank…! He has bought it to restore it with my help - should be good fun and it’s quite a cool wee car.

winter rally car project andy :? :lol:

£40!

[quote]£30!

You got a dose of the GTO flu Ewan? You can always borrow my dad’s new car - a Saab 96 1975 Anniversary edition. It’s a V4…quite fast [size=4]if compared to a glacier[/size] and only minor structural rust. And a leaky fuel tank…! He has bought it to restore it with my help - should be good fun and it’s quite a cool wee car.[/quote]

Hi Andy,

No GTO flu for me :smiley: (yet…) It passed it’s MOT with flying colours! (see 2nd post!)

I can’t be bothered paying road tax at this time of year…
need to take it off the road to do the following:
fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
fuel pressure gauge (when it arrives)
paint callipers?
upgrade oil cooler?
lifter clean
oil & filter change…
Problem is I don’t have much time to do all that… so car is off the road until it’s done…

I’ve always got my Skoda VRS :wink: which is putting the GTO to shame!

I may have a prior engagement - not work :wink:

cheers

Ewan

P.S. how fast is a Glacier???

thought you got the fuel pump done at umi-saka :? i take it your turning to the vag side mate :frowning: see if the skoda lasts as long as your 15+year old gto :lol:
get the car back on the road for the dry weather mate,good idea getting the job done just now when the roads are salty.

scott

0-60 in 16 seconds and a gooping 64hp. A proper beast - don’t think I’ll be able to handle it.

Need to persuade my dad to fit a Ford V8 of some description to it :twisted:

Im glad to see the Ashes to Ashes programme is giving the old Quattro a revival…i’ve had mine for nearly 8 years now…■■■■■■ great car…need to spend some money on it as well!

Stop tempting me with Pauls, I am weak and feable…

I amy end up buying GTOAllys ECU if the Doc can’t fix mine or its out for too long, I hate seeing the GTO on the drive and not able to move it!!!

I still hope ot be at Crail

Mark

turns on MesmoEyes

Just think how good a black one would look next to it Mark…

Goes off to find a HypnoToad

just back from simons today,he was putting new oil seals on my gearbox as one was leaking :frowning: left at 6.30 this morning and got back at 7. long job for simon and dave,non stop doing it for me,then went a run in his ser2 scort :shock: solid suspension and 400 brake without the 100 shot nos.we were airborn on the bumpy roads.hes taking it to crail aswell for a wee test run :wink:

scott

Guys are we on for tomorrow? My ECU turned up today and I have just finished putting the car back together! So I am up for it!

I’m out… again. Maybe have the car back in a month or so.

■■■■■■ hell Chris…you will have forgotten what it was like to drive that car!

I fitted my ECU today, but I am not happy with a few of the datalogging figures, its missing a bit when you floor it in 1st, slight backfire and I am sure the exhaust temp is far too high!

I’ll take it to Crail but no 1/4 mile this time!

I need some new plates again soon mate…will contact you by email.
Mark

Hi Mark

Its still on im meeting the other guys in edinburgh in the morning ( im lucky i just made it as well ) started on saturday about 7ish and removed all my seats then took all seat coverings off ( damn hard job with about a million clips holding them all on ) so ive fitted new coverings and its to dark for pics so yous can see them tomorrow.

SORE HANDS

John

:roll: looks like ive missed another one —feckin job sometimes i hate it
have a good one chaps and watch them little corsas :lol:
hows the car running scott
Mo