First GTO

Thanks for the messages everyone!
I’ve just received the full report via email and so pleased, much better than I could of wished for especially given its 27 years old!

I will definitely get to some meets, even if they’re not at the end of my road lol
I honestly don’t see what all the fuss is about for £20…

Anyway I’m very excited to both get home and pick her up!

11 Likes

Great news, I remember how excited I was when I got my GTO. :smiley:

3 Likes

i had my car transported up to me :slight_smile: never been so happy to see one of my cars on the back of a lory lol
happy you found one your happy with :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok so just got home after a very long day (few days actually)
Picked her up no issues this morning. Very happy comes on boost very well.

However there are a few bits niggling me which I need to address (a few I have read on here)

Air con screen not working
Mushroom air filter needs changing for something else
Exhaust is a bit loud for my taste
Aftermarket (Chinese) stereo needs changing
And the other thing is the Rev counter doesn’t work so need to investigate this

Other than the above I’m very happy and to be honest was fully aware what I was getting myself in for, now the project begins… haha

As promised a couple of pictures from today’s

13 Likes

Looks nice @mike3, that’s it now, you’re hooked.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks good, do you know if it has a bit that you can put in the tip on the exhaust to make it quite, mine had it and I removed them, il try and find some pictures

1 Like

Looks good.

The screen not lighting up is a common problem on these cars. Talk to @joe4 about this as he may be able to fix that for you.

James

2 Likes

Did you know about those issues prior to purchase ? Repairs should b covered under warranty , granted you will struggle to get them to fix the climate screen plus they probably won’t buy new but may pay for the repair

2 Likes

That car looks class, congrats and enjoy.
I stuck in a double din Panasonic stereo, it looks good and gave me bluetooth, media and reverse camera.
Enda

1 Like

Looks great mate :grin:

1 Like

Looks great hope you get the bits sorted so you can enjoy your car more :slight_smile:
Just you will get the gto bug soon :thinking: then starts upgrades , polishing parts etc just like the rest of us lol

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply everyone. Absolutely love it, I’ve had another inspection by a local mechanic I know and he verified everything is good.

The rev counter I’m thinking is the actual dial so need to find a replacement/fix/aftermarket pod, need to work out the best way to go either that or PTU?

I didn’t know about the rev counter and already assumed about the screen, I’ll message the person tagged about fixing/replacing.
The exhaust is a custom job which is very loud but is actually growing on me lol
Stereo wise I’m going to see if I’ve got an old one in the garage if not I’ll look at an Apple car play one from halfrauds

I also thought I’d hate the wheels being white and red but again these are growing on me so might keep or maybe go bronze/gold

2 Likes

Just a thought on the screen , do the dash lights light up if not check your dimmer switch isn’t turned right down , wouldnt be the first time :+1:

1 Like

Thanks mate just doubled checked that, it’s definitely the screen

1 Like

Mike now you have the car and have full membership I’m going to lock the post off now

That way the technical questions can be picked up better in the correct sections if you want to start some new posts :+1:

3 Likes

Ok thanks not a problem :+1:

1 Like