GTO MR TWIN TURBO MANUAL 93

Hi all. I have GTO Manual twin turbo 1993 MR I have very limited knowledge. Not modified at all and pretty much all original Inc the radio. Been told it is rare? Need advice as if it sits unused for more than 2 days it drops the charge. Decent Bosch battery 2 yrs old and everything turned off. Also missing a bbs centre from one of the wheels does anyone know where I can get one. Suffolk.

Hi and welcome to GTOUK

sounds like you have a parasitic drain on one of the circuits , you would need to put a multi meter on to see what you are losing and try and isolate that particular circuit ,

1 Like

Hi,

Welcome to GTOUK :+1:

As Craig says if you’re certain the battery is good you will need to find where the drain is using a multimeter.

Also before I forget let’s see some pictures of your car :grinning:

James

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, as the guys have said something is draining your battery and you can use any cheap multi meter as a tool here. You will be measuring current so the meter will be put in series, and you will be looking for a change in current measurements. It’s not as complicated as it sound , there will be loads of YouTube vids on the procedure you should watch. Eliminate alternator and solenoid first.
Enda

2 Likes

Are you putting the steering lock on? When switching it off ?

1 Like

If you can get and use a battery conditioner, then you can hook these up even via a plug hard wired to the battery terminals and these can be on the car all the time it is parked up.
I use them a lot as I try to keep batteries alive permanently as I think it is good for the electronics. Best known name is probably C-Tek, its not an old style battery charger, I imagine you will have heard about them.
I do find the batteries drop out when left and I reckon most times its the alarm systems, but two days to drain is very quick and it is ideal to sort the drain, but these conditioners are a very good back up if you can use them on any car standing for any length of time as batteries will drop eventually.
( you could also disconnect the negative terminal as an alternative I suppose, but best to keep the car connected in my book).

1 Like

Hi Malanie

I can still get the centre caps from Mitsubishi in Japan if you want one and they are about £27 each and welcome to the club.

1 Like

Thank you. Will try this

I just turn off and remove key. Lock comes on automatically after a while

Thanks. Will call

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks. Will call.

Great advice thanks

Thank you fabulous advice and glad to receive it

The steering lock turns off all of the power inside the car, radio, clock lights etc. If you turn the ignition off and don’t turn the key the extra turn by pressing the button then hopefully that will sort your battery drain out

1 Like

Now that is a rare beastie in that colour :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Melanie
Just saw the photos and reckon you have a special version car, which mitsy also called MR, they made two batches of 150 and I presume you have one of the second batch, can you post a photo of the interior?
The first batch had leather with a gto logo.
Also they were usually supplied with the BBS wheels so it looks like your car is stock which is great.
It will have a z16a chassis code with rear steer, active aero, active suspension, they did it in an anthracite colour and a bluey greeny metallic colour ( very rare, never seen one except in a photo )
I have a special version as well so some photos below and just for info they made MR cars from Mk 2 onwards, z15a chassis code and all the active stuff removed.
You have a very rare car there one to cherish.

5 Likes

If you Google mitsubishi gto special version brochure you can see some more stuff.
And welcome to the club of course.