GTOUK 19th Annual AGM 4th April 2020

We would like to invite you to the 2020 AGM & Social Gathering to take place on Saturday 4th April 2020.

The venue this year is The Holiday Inn Hotel, Hinkley Road Coventry, CV2 2HP

Here http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/coventry/cvthr/hoteldetail

Please Note - There are two Holiday Inn Hotels in Coventry - Don’t book the “Holiday Inn - South” in error.

Hotel Rates - Non Refundable Upon Cancellation

Single Occupancy B&B - £70.00 Including Breakfast
Double Occupancy B&B - £80.00 Including Breakfast

We have reserved 10 rooms, so please book early, as these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Book online or call: 02476 587 420 Booked under GTO UK

That phone number is the in-house reservations number, but is only open 9am - 5.30pm, after that calls are automatically transferred to Central Reservations (where the numpties work), people have had problems in the past booking though the central reservations

This year we have decided to not book a set evening meal, to give more freedom to the members in deciding where the would like to eat, and budget accordingly.

Order of the Day

Meet & Greet from 12:00
Annual General Meeting - 12:30pm-14:00pm (approx)
3pm onwards - Eat, Drink, Chew the Fat and be Merry Laughing
4pm Ten Pin Bowling at

http://www.tenpin.co.uk/coventry/

As well as meeting up with friends and having a good time, please remember, this is YOUR platform to discuss YOUR club, vote on club issues or changes and voice your opinions and ideas should you wish to, so please make every effort to attend.

Once the formalities are over, this becomes a very social event for members, wives and partners, where we can all kick back and enjoy, what over the years, has become one of the best GTOUK meets of the year.

Nearer the time we will be inviting you to propose ‘Items for the Agenda’ so get your thinking caps on - and don’t be afraid to speak up.

If you could post on here if you will be attending, as it’s always good for others to see who is going, people you may have spoken to on the forum but never met and would like to, and here’s your chance.

5 Likes

I will be attending this.

James

1 Like

Me too we looking to do the bowling

Simon

1 Like

I am preparing to attend.

1 Like

Going to bring this one back to life as it will soon be here

I am planning on attending for the day time

Craig :slightly_smiling_face:

Folks we really want to see you there for this , I’m always banging the same old drum here but it’s ‘YOUR’ club and your chance to have a say how it runs and what you would like to see

4 Likes

As Craig says it’s a good time and place to offer suggestions to how the club is run also a chance for new members to introduce themselves. If you’re car is a project don’t worry you can attend in the daily driver.

James

2 Likes

I will be attending the Meeting this year. Many thanks to the Committee for the invitation, and arranging this.

4 Likes

I should be attending this year for the day.

Jerry

4 Likes

Can you please add your names to the list as we go

1. Jensen
  2. Simon 3000GT
  3. Steve and Tracy
  4. Lukasz
  5. James
  6. Craig
  7. Mike Dodgemonkey
  8. Jerry GTO Power

@stevie and @Tracie taken it upon my self to add you both anyway :joy:

2 Likes

Sorry guys, smack on my holiday time again

I’m coming! With or without the gto :roll_eyes::triumph:

1 Like

just a reminder

Good afternoon Mr Baker

I hope you are well?

Just a quick email to advise that the allocation cut off (as agreed of 6 weeks prior to arrival) is soon to be upon us of the 22nd February, and currently no one has booked a room off the allocation reserved

If you could send out a note to anyone you feel should have booked or that wishes to before the allocation deadline, as I do not want people to miss out on the agreed rate, that would be great

Any questions feel free to advise

Kind Regards

Natalie Trailor
Meetings & Events Manager
Holiday Inn Coventry M6 Jct 2
Hinckley Road, Coventry, CV2 2HP

I will be booking a room this week.

James

Sadly I won’t be able to make this as I’ll be in Japan, unless they close the country due to the Coronavirus, in which case I’ll come, unless it’s a pandemic and everything is cancelled!!!

1 Like

All booked on the hotel remember only 3 days for the discounted rate and would 9 rooms left

Simon

Hi Simon

Delegates do not need to pre-pay for their accommodation, merely guarantee their rooms using a credit/debit card. Payment isn’t required until check in

If they need to cancel they can do so free of charge up until 4pm the day prior to arrival so as not to incur charges

If you could put the above on your website too so that people are less apprehensive to book

Unfortunately I can’t extend the allocation as the system automatically releases the rooms…

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Natalie

Sent: 19 February 2020 12:48
To: HI Coventry
Cc: Tracy Parkin
Subject: Re: Bedroom allocation release

Hi Natalie

Thanks for the reminder I have added to the website and booked mine

Would it be possible to extent this until 1 Marchjust to get people though pay day?

Simon

All booked today.

James

1 Like
  1. Jensen
  2. Simon 3000GT - Hotel Booked
  3. Steve and Tracy - Hotel Booked
  4. Lukasz
  5. James - Hotel Booked
  6. Craig
  7. Mike Dodgemonkey
  8. Jerry GTO Power