GTOUK 2015 AGM 11 April

We would like to invite you to the 2015 AGM & Social Gathering to take place on Saturday 11th April 2015.

The venue this year is The Holiday Inn Hotel, Hinkley Road Coventry, CV2 2HP

Here http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/coventry/cvthr/hoteldetail

Please Note - There are two Holiday Inn Hotels in Coventry - Don’t book the “Holiday Inn - South” in error.

Hotel Rates - Non Refundable Upon Cancellation

Single Occupancy B&B - £65.00 Including Breakfast
Double Occupancy B&B - £75.00 Including Breakfast

We have reserved 15 rooms, so please book early, as these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Book online or call: 02476 587 420 Booked under GTOUK

That phone number is the in-house reservations number, but is only open 9am - 5.30pm, after that calls are automatically transferred to Central Reservations (where the numpties work), people have had problems in the past booking though the central reservations

This year we have decided to not book a set evening meal, to give more freedom to the members in deciding where the would like to eat, and budget accordingly.

Order of the Day

Meet & Greet from 12:00
Annual General Meeting - 13:00pm-14:00pm (approx)
3pm onwards - Eat, Drink, Chew the Fat and be Merry Laughing
4pm Ten Pin Bowling at

http://www.tenpin.co.uk/coventry/

As well as meeting up with friends and having a good time, please remember, this is YOUR platform to discuss YOUR club, vote on club issues or changes and voice your opinions and ideas should you wish to, so please make every effort to attend.

Once the formalities are over, this becomes a very social event for members, wives and partners, where we can all kick back and enjoy, what over the years, has become one of the best GTOUK meets of the year.

Nearer the time we will be inviting you to propose ‘Items for the Agenda’ so get your thinking caps on - and don’t be afraid to speak up.

If you could post on here if you will be attending, as it’s always good for others to see who is going, people you may have spoken to on the forum but never met and would like to, and here’s your chance.

List Updated

1, Simon Baker



1 Like

I will be attending this as usual , will get it booked this week

Craig :smile:

1 Like

List Updated

1, Simon Baker
2, Craig - CDMH
3. Stevie & Tracie

1 Like

List Updated

1, Simon Baker
2, Craig - CDMH
3. Stevie & Tracie
4. Steve & Jemma

1. Simon Baker
  2. Craig - CDMH
  3. Stevie & Tracie
  4. Steve & Jemma
  5. Steve (Paddington)
  1. Simon Baker
  2. Craig - CDMH
  3. Stevie & Tracie
  4. Steve & Jemma
  5. Steve (Paddington)
  6. Davet25

Tried to add my name to the list but can’t, boo hoo!!! :cry:
How do you do this then, tried copy n paste but couldn’t work it out :laughing: :laughing:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like
  1. Simon Baker
  2. Craig - CDMH
  3. Stevie & Tracie
  4. Steve & Jemma
  5. Steve (Paddington)
  6. Davet25
  7. Terry (@just_cool)

Fank you :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

What a ■■■■■■ nightmare trying to book this place lol, rang up the number above that diverted to central reservations who told me to ring the hotel direct on a different number .

This then got passed through 3 or 4 different departments only to be told there is no one there to book it at the moment and they will call me back , seem to remember this fiasco last year :laughing:

will keep you posted to see if I find an easier way to do it

1 Like

As there were problems last year I specifically asked for the correct number to phone for bookings this year stating last year’s trouble, seems to be no better.

Leave it with me, I will pass on your comments to the Event Co-Ordinator tomorrow @CDMH and sort this out, hopefully before anyone else goes through this frustration.

Tracie

2 Likes

@CDMH

Just spoken to my contact at the hotel, who apologises for the problems you had yesterday, apparently reservations were short staffed hence you getting passed around, they knew I was talking about “Mr Heritage” before I even mentioned your name, so you must have left quite an impression :laughing:.

If you can call back - same number as above - they are expecting your call to book the room.

Good luck “Mr Heritage” :wink:

Tracie

1 Like

Just rang the hotel on the number in the first post, who swiftly forwarded me to central reservations. The guy there looked for the rate and told me it was a group booking and had to be booked via the particular hotel, I informed him they had been the ones who put me through to him and was left on hold for a minute or so while he “explained the situation” to them. He then transferred me without coming back to let me know he was doing so (the music :musical_note: stopped and it started ringing :telephone_receiver:) this then rang for well over five minutes :clock12: before I hung up and rang back.

I managed to get someone with at least some competency, though she did try to charge me £80 instead of £75 :money_with_wings:. When I pointed out the mistake she had to put me on hold for another few minutes :clock12: while she contacted the conference office. It turns out the rates were entered wrongly into the system.

It’s a shame such a lovely hotel :hotel: is let down, year upon year by the useless staff they choose to employ. But then if you pay peanuts you’ll get monkeys :monkey:

On a different note, this may be better in a separate thread. Can we discuss what will be voted on this year and the method of which the committee will be voted in please?

I have sent this to the hotel just now. FYI Danni is the person in Conference Events I dealt with for the booking.

"Hi Danni,

Thanks for you help earlier today, but I’m afraid I feel compelled to pass on yet another complaint I have received on our Forum today regarding a member’s booking experience.

This is the 3rd year we have booked our AGM with yourselves, and whilst I appreciate you apologised profusely today as regards Mr. Heritage, advised the hotel was short staffed yesterday, and going forward things would run smoothly, yet not 24 hours later, another member is having what seems to be yet another problem.

Our members have specifically been advised to ring between 9.30am and 5pm to avoid the hassle and unfortunate lack of efficiency at Central Reservations, yet despite doing this, they have been sent down the same problematic road.

For information the number they are ringing, as provided by yourself when I made the booking is 02476 587 420.

Could you please update your system with our agreed room rates, and do your best endeavours to ensure that the hotel booking line is in fact answered, not left to trip to Central Reservations during office hours.

Regards

Tracy Parkin
GTOUK

Comments received from our member below:-

Just rang the hotel on the number in the first post, who swiftly forwarded me to central reservations. The guy there looked for the rate and told me it was a group booking and had to be booked via the particular hotel, I informed him they had been the ones who put me through to him and was left on hold for a minute or so while he “explained the situation” to them. He then transferred me without coming back to let me know he was doing so (the music stopped and it started ringing ) this then rang for well over five minutes before I hung up and rang back.
I managed to get someone with at least some competency, though she did try to charge me £80 instead of £75 . When I pointed out the mistake she had to put me on hold for another few minutes while she contacted the conference office. It turns out the rates were entered wrongly into the system.

It’s a shame such a lovely hotel is let down, year upon year by the useless staff they choose to employ. But then if you pay peanuts you’ll get monkeys

1 Like

Thankyou @Tracie :sunglasses:

Rang the hotel again earlier and got passed around untll the receptionist gae me the hotel email address to message them and they called me back .

@Tracie pep talk to the booking team obviously worked as I had a phonecall back about 30 minutes later :laughing:

here is the email address if anyone is struggling

[email protected]

Give them the date you are trying to book and say its for GTOUK and give this ref number OM9

Saves you hanging on the phone wasting your own money .

Once again thankyou Tracie for kicking arse and keeping on top of them

Craig :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Steven_Smith you are so going to get a ■■■■ in your pillow now calling them monkeys :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Hi @Steven_Smith,

There are no major changes that will affect any voting this year at the AGM as I am aware.

I will however be requesting items for the agenda on a separate thread at some point

The voting of the new committee is followed strictly by the constitution rules.

The committee will all stand up individually and will present what they have achieved in their role over the past 12 month.

Committee members then stand down.

The voting process for re election depends:-

If the said committee members wants re election this is voted in the room by the members.

If at this stage a new member wants to stand for that role then the nominees will be asked to stand and state what assets they feel they can bring to the club. Members will be asked to vote for their chosen new committee member.

Surprised you asked Steve, surely you remember the last two AGM’s you have attended :slight_smile:

Steve

1 Like

After my email to the hotel this is the reply @Steven_Smith and anyone else unfortunately having problems.

Now… its Friday… been a long week… kebab on the way…can I please just enjoy it with my husband @stevie …hopefully :heart:

Hopefully no more issues, but if so, I’ll be back kicking ass on Monday when I have re-charged my batteries :smiley:

REPLY:-

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your email and I hope this email finds you well. I have picked this up with my manager who has looked over the email as well. I can only apologise for the problems your colleagues have been facing.

Regarding the calling the hotel, that is the correct number they need to call however, if their line is busy it will direct the call to reception, if they try and put it back through this may cause the call to be forwarded to central reservations. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. In order to delay a lot of the hassle your colleagues are facing a trick to know if it is central reservations is if it announces the call is being recorded. Or if they ask if this is central reservations before trying to book to save them having to keep repeating themselves.
Another way we can try and be more efficient for you is if your colleagues email [email protected] sending their request one of the team will be able to call them back as soon as possible to book the room in without a hassle.

Regarding the rates, I take the full responsibility for this. When we first spoke those rates were what I quoted and this is what I programmed into the system, upon our negotiations I must have changed the contract but not transferred this onto the system which means that reservations had the wrong the rates. This I can only apologise for and like I say this is completely my fault. This has now been picked up and changed so there will be no issues on rates going forward.

Please do contact me if you have any further questions or queries and again I am deeply sorry for all the aggravation and hassle this has caused to you and your colleagues.

Kind Regards,

Danielle Green

2 Likes

:clap: Good work

2 Likes