GTOUK AGM 23rd APRIL 2022 @ COVENTRY

We would like to invite you to the 2022 AGM & Social Gathering to take place on Saturday 23rd April 2022.

The venue this year is The Holiday Inn Hotel, Hinkley Road Coventry, CV2 2HP

Here http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/gb/en/coventry/cvthr/hoteldetail

Please Note - There are two Holiday Inn Hotels in Coventry - Don’t book the “Holiday Inn - South” in error.

Hotel Rates - Non Refundable Upon Cancellation

Single Occupancy B&B - £70 Including Breakfast
Double Occupancy B&B - £80 Including Breakfast

We have reserved 10 single occupancy rooms, so please book early, as these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Book online or call: 02476 587 420 Booked under GTO UK

That phone number is the in-house reservations number, but is only open 9am - 5.30pm, after that calls are automatically transferred to Central Reservations (where the numpties work), people have had problems in the past booking though the central reservations

This year we have decided to not book a set evening meal, to give more freedom to the members in deciding where the would like to eat, and budget accordingly.

Order of the Day

Meet & Greet from 12:00
Annual General Meeting - 12:30pm-14:00pm (approx)
3pm onwards - Eat, Drink, Chew the Fat and be Merry

As well as meeting up with friends and having a good time, please remember, this is YOUR platform to discuss YOUR club, vote on club issues or changes and voice your opinions and ideas should you wish to, so please make every effort to attend.

Once the formalities are over, this becomes a very social event for members, wives and partners, where we can all kick back and enjoy, what over the years, has become one of the best GTOUK meets of the year.

Nearer the time we will be inviting you to propose ‘Items for the Agenda’ so get your thinking caps on - and don’t be afraid to speak up.

If you could post on here if you will be attending, as it’s always good for others to see who is going, people you may have spoken to on the forum but never met and would like to, and here’s your chance.

3 Likes

Booked and paid for - nice and easy - FYI they take card details but payment isn’t made until the day.

Attendees list (please add if your attending)

1. James (Hotel booked)
  1. James (hotel booked)
  2. Jensen

Jerry hotel booked :+1:

1 Like

I should be able to come down for the day
Jerry

2 Likes

This is the first time in years my car is road worthy and in ok condition to show. I am an athletics coach in another guise , if my athletes are not in a major championship that weekend I may be there but can’t say for certain until closer to the date. Normally that weekend we are racing abroad somewhere.

2 Likes

My brother-in-law is a field event coach for GB athletics coaches the pole vault lot where the sister-in-law won a commonwealth medal at Glasgow - small world I guess :joy:

1 Like

Wow it is a small world! I used to hurdle for GB until I had my accident in my first 3000gt. Broke my back so that’s how I ended up coaching.

Great event pole vault, so many intricate elements to it.

1 Like

I am local to this meeting. Attending.

Attendees list (please add if your attending)

1. James (Hotel booked)
  2. Jensen
  3. Lukas
1 Like
  1. James (hotel booked)
  2. Jensen
  3. Jerry sc
  4. Jerry gto power
  5. Lukas

Just a quick reminder that the GTO UK booked rooms, with the special rate, are only avaliiable until 12 March, form this date the standard rate applies

Simon

1 Like

So Guys & Girls

I would like to chat this though with all you members, the AGM is the time for Members to Meet in a hotel, and discus issues, Event we would like to do

However it appears we only have a couple of members who appear to be attending, so not sure it is worth wasting the committees time attending.

So my questions are

1, Why do members no longer pop along, it was not that many years ago we had over 100 member’s attend

2, The club has run its course and as no one is interested so we may as well shut down

3, Everyone is turning up and just forgot to place your names on the list

4, The committee is no longer needed and we move towards a non-elected venture, or towards a commercial entity run by current members or sell the club

5, Everyone just so happy the way everything is run, do don’t need to change anything, and the AGM is a waste of time

6, Your ideas?

1 Like

I have been member for a few years now and I can say that how it has been run is second to none so to everyone who runs this group I personally take my hat off to you for doing a fantastic job , not found another group like it.
As for the AGM I do think this is a good idea so that anyone who wishes to express anything they can, not sure if it has happened in the past but if this could be tied in with the japfest meeting this would make a good weekend for members.
Myself with being a shift worker with no holiday days to take I have to see when date are for events and if working think oh well next year as it has foe the AGM this year…
Keep up the great work !
GTOUK .

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Dave, we have tried the double event with Japfest before, just before the pandemic kicked in, it didn’t really make much difference to the AGM attendance, sadly.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

2 Likes

Only reason i don’t come along is distance, otherwise i would.

1 Like

Hope there will be some more interest.
To me the club needs physical support to continue as is.
I understand about distance to events very much, living in Gateshead every event I have been to is a long way and I know not everybody can make such journeys often.
But the AGM is an important event for the club and as Simon says we used to have a good response and decent numbers there with a good social aspect to it as well.
As I say physical support I think is necessary and I hope more will come, it would be a shame for the club to fade away, on-line presence is good but I think it needs more than that.
It’s a key part of owning our cars to me I hope it will continue and support for events of all types will grow

Cheers all.

1 Like

I was hoping to start attending more events but with the long project I have now started its not going to be possible, hopefully next year it will be all ready to go and enjoy.

1 Like

Remember guys and gals for the AGM meeting you don’t need to come in the gto but you can come in any car as it’s not a car show but a club meeting.

Hope this helps freeing some of you.
I only been once to this meeting when I first joined and it was a great day, night too.you get to chat, eat ,drink and play what else do you want lol
Jerry

2 Likes

I’ll be there, just prob not staying over though.

Paul

2 Likes

Add me on the list please for the day only, when I try copy and paste the list is comes up as code :laughing:

1 Like