Hi Guys :) Anyone know the history of my car? Wigan/Rufford

Hi Guys, I`m new on here and just purchased my first GTO :slight_smile:

I`ve always fancied a gto ever since it came out and its still a great looking car 20+ years later!!

Its not insured yet and the electric sunroof has just broken :frowning: haha but I was expecting a few niggles.

So I`m just saying hi and hoping someone may have a little info on the history of the car? I purchased from the Rufford area (Merseyside) and I believe it was last registered in Wigan. The car is red, N/A auto and reg is N443 FKE.

Heres a little Vid ā€” http://youtu.be/SQj7j3Nqgck

Thanks Guys

Daz.

Hi Daz welcome to GTOUK 8)

I donā€™t recognise the number myself but someone else may , or it may have been a customer of Robs (Evil Empire)

Regards

Craig :slight_smile:

get the pics up daz, i want to see which one you got :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome.

Itā€™s not one I recognise, but I have a working electric sunroof in red in my dining room that might go up for sale soon. I bought it for my 3000GT but I might be changing car soonā€¦

Staff

Welcome to the club,

Welcome to GTOIUK 8)

Julian

Cheers Guys, Thanks for the warm welcome!

Heres a little video Iā€™ve just made, as you can see a lot of polishing to do but all seems good at the moment , apart from the electric ariel that seems to carry on for ever!!! haha

Thanks for the offer of the sunroof Staff!

I will have a look to see whatā€™s wrong with it at the weekend and get back to you matey :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Welcome to the club dude :slight_smile:

Not a registration i can recogniseā€¦

Welcome to the club dude!

Cheers Rob

Welcome to the madhouse----hope you get your niggles sorted :wink: :wink:

Thanks Guys!

The car is growing on me day by day!! Iā€™ve owned 300zxs for over 12 years now and Im thinking the GTO is a better looking car!!! anyone else agree?

The GTO is not as agile nor as quick (stock for stock) as the 300 , but I just love the look of it!

My only negative is the headlights! they look pants! I much prefer the pop ups on the mark 1

Thanks again

I donā€™t think the zx has aged that well, they look ok if they have had the rear light conversion done and newish headlight/covers , when they have yellowed they really look old .

Just something about Nissans donā€™t do it for me , the Skyline is a superb vehicle in R34 and R35 guise , but it still comes back to the Nissan badge which I just cant warm to

Iā€™ve always liked the look of the 300 but like Craig says, itā€™s not aged well. The GTO is a far better looking car in my opinion (I could be biased of course).

I agree with you about the headlights. Try and find a set of late '94 glass ones and gut the innards. A few people have done this now, itā€™s called ā€˜robo modā€™.

http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54527&highlight=robo

Staff

Yeh I agree! ā€¦with a bit of fettling (wheels, 99 spec front end and the rear lights the zx is lovely) but straight from the factory the GTO imo was the best looking from the big 4, it just looks right, the wheels were a little on the small side and get lost in the arches but the rest is a masterpiece :slight_smile:

Hey Craig! Have you got a ā€œnew postsā€ or " latest post" option on here?
I cant seem to find it?

many thanks
Daz.

Thanks Staff!

When I bought the car on Saturday, I was intending to use it as a winter beater just for the snow/ice to save my zeds from the salty roads and I promised not to spend any money on the GTO!! BUT!! the more I look at it the more I drive it, the more I want to mod it :smiley:

I will keep my eyes peeled for those lights mate

cheers

[quote]

Hey Craig! Have you got a ā€œnew postsā€ or " latest post" option on here?
I cant seem to find it?

many thanks
Daz.[/quote]

On the main forum page there is a "View posts since last visit " link, you can select how far back you want to go

On the main forum page there is a "View posts since last visit " link, you can select how far back you want to go

Got it!! thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]Thanks Staff!

When I bought the car on Saturday, I was intending to use it as a winter beater just for the snow/ice to save my zeds from the salty roads and I promised not to spend any money on the GTO!! BUT!! the more I look at it the more I drive it, the more I want to mod it :smiley:

I will keep my eyes peeled for those lights mate

cheers[/quote]

Iā€™ll let you know if I hear of any. Iā€™ll be getting rid of mine eventually but it wonā€™t be until I get a set of 99ā€™s on mine. Which wonā€™t be any time soon unfortunately. They do come up from time to time though.

I actually preferred my old NA auto to my 3000GT in the snow, it was SO good!! The only problem I find is that because the traction is so good in the snow, I forget itā€™s not as good at stopping. And when a car of that weight lets go, I find it difficult to get it back in shape again. All good fin though!! Iā€™ve only got my 5 series for the snow this year, thatā€™s going to be interesting!! :oops:

Staff

Thanks Craig! good luck in the BM, Should be fun :smiley:

Is that your car in your profile pic? I like the headlights on that and I noticed you have clear indicators too, instead of my dodgem orange ones . lol

Got the GTO insured today by Adrian Flux Ā£326!! not badā€¦ I got a quote from Footman James!! Ā£3008??? are they having a laugh? no thanks

So just need the tax tomorrow morning and then a bit of a road trip to see how she rolls :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, great forum