How about this?

I am posting this to see if there could be interest in showing at the Practical Cars Restoration Show next March 31-2 April. It’s at the NEC and there would be thousands of visitors. Stand space is free. There are chageable ad ons if wanted, l thought there would be a basic charge but not for car clubs.
Asked a few questions today and they would like the car clubs to show say a car before work/restoration, one after, an improved one . There is a limit to the car numbers, but l would like to guage interest.
I think it would be a great way to promote the club and raise it’s profile. Other Jap clubs will be there
The organisor also do the Classic Car Show, same basis, a much bigger show again at the NEC.
So what’s the thoughts they are good shows. Don’t think it will clash with the AGM.

5 Likes

Sounds like it could be good,ill be up for it

2 Likes

Sounds good @jerry_SC. top job mate for getting info

Must surely be one to get @ORV and his stunning car at :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

4 Likes

Cheers Scott, that’s you and me, l will get an application form and see what to do next.
Need to do that as soon as.

2 Likes

Got to be ORV and it would be good to have a pretty standard car in need of work, they would also like it if work is being done at the show, your car Craig? But there is a limit to the no of cars on a stand so l would like to get serious interest to asap to go with an application, l have a contact to talk to.

I would be interested Jerry.

1 Like

This organisation also does Race Retro, thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Thanks for the thought , but there are far far better cars in the club than where mine is currently at , be nice to get a good example of all MK’s though

Show the evolution of the model through the years

1 Like

I know what you mean Craig, but what the organizers want is to see cars before and after stuff done, they have a barn find area, and they want to see cars being worked on as well, this is their brief, which l found out when talking to them.
So if we want to do it to match their thinking we would try to get a car as we might pick up cheapish.
One like Orv, [not that there is another like that!!] to show restored. Photo history, story board, video etc ideal or a clean one after we have done our magic maybe like my red one, then a modded one and l would try and do the s/c car for that and to me maybe a show car like Steves or Scotts. [or multiples of that]
Maybe we could do something like change brakes or similar stuff if working on them would be a goer?
I would hope that we could really present well, we could sell club merchandise, build the club and show to a wider audience.
Depends on who fancies it, l was suprised when they said it was free floorspace.
But for the organisers its about restoration as well as pristine cars.
I would plan to get the s/c car with the red one as back up if it was not ready.
I think it could be a good step for us and maybe the classic car show next year in November, as l said they also do race retro as well and were keen for clubs to be there.
But got to be a club thing, bit different to what we are used to, but these are big shows and indoors!
Let me know guys asap and thanks already.

1 Like

Thr evolution bit is a great idea.

Shame we couldnt get marks primered body shell there on its coasters dont get more stripped out for restoration than that.

Now that is. OCD!!
But seriously that is what some of the clubs and exhibitors will do.
I just want to see where we could ve with this.

1 Like

Right
Spoke with the organisers again and got a bit more clarification as to what could be done and l will need to get the application form completed in the next few days, they have lits of clubs wanting to be there.
So what they said today was up to 4 cars before and after resto, modified and one being worked on.
Plus any club stuff we want to do, l will need to do a short presentation about our club and how we would be at the show.
So can those who would definitely do it confirm and l will do the application.
One of my cars plus 3.
Cheers all.

Sounds more like a casebook of models rather than a car show?

I would be happy to come if you want Jerry. Obviously you are looking for certain cars, so I totally understand if other cars/members are asked instead. But either way I will come to the event.
I am hopeful you get @ORV involved for the club side of it, but mainly because I am yet to see his car.
Jensen

2 Likes

Thanks Jensen
Not sure quite what you nean Scott, but hope that would be goodb l suppose it would present gto/3000gt as a car to many who might never have heard of them or noticed them. l hope this would be something good for the club, l think it shows the club itself as much as the cars. There will be over 100 clubs there so l am told. I rejoined the Saab ■■ last year, who had a good stand and got new members, we could get some new members possibly.
If we can do this one and see and go from there, the November one is bigger.

2 Likes

If we do it Craig would you do a bit of repairing/servicing stuff?

I would imagine someone swearing and throwing tools at spectators wouldn’t go down well lol , more people better suited to that than me , @Marty_K would be good I reckon

4 Likes

Lol
I think that would be brilliant and don,t do yourself down, this is the style of this show and it has to be staged at least a bit, but you could talk technical expertise. Its practical classics show after all, just trying to pull together a plan!

1 Like

Admire your enthusiasm Jerry, getting the Club out there, up there, etc…

This sounds a bit different to a normal type of meet…interesting, if it’s only 4 cars required with a certain agenda to represent GTOUK I understand we are looking for the different degree of progress within the Club.

We are all used to polishing up the car and getting it ‘shown’ at a car show, so takes a bit of time to get your head round this new type of event, but sounds like it could be on the calendar in the future.

Keep on it, with information and updates, and hopefully we can do the Club proud, and well done for having a bash at arranging something, it’s not always an easy thing to arrange a meet, but very satisfying all the same.

Tracie :smiley:

4 Likes