JAE 2011 - GTO Evolution Line-Up?

How about for JAE 2011 we actually make a bit more of the cars themselves?

I was thinking of possibly a line-up of how the GTO evolved, starting with a 1990 car and finishing with one from 2000, preferably with as many variations covered as possible, e.g 1990 Mk.1 TT, 1991 Mk.1 N/A, 1992 Mk.1 UK 3000GT, 1993 Mk.2 TT etc, with info boards to explain how each stage came about, and subtle differences.

Obviously we’d need standard-looking cars and a fair degree of organisation, but it shouldn’t be anything too difficult. From the two JAE’s i’ve been to so far it does seem to be a case of deposit the cars in something vaguely approaching a display, and forget about them until it’s hometime.

What does everyone think about something like this?

I agree scott we do need to organise and show off our prized assets a bit more, let people know what the car is about and what can be achieved

Moved to Future Events.

Ideally we are looking for cars that are reasonably close to looking standard on the outside, different wheels and exhausts are no problem, though obviously priority would be given to the closest-to-standard cars for each slot.

Anyone care to put their name forward?

1990 -
1991 -
1992 -
1993 -
1994 -
1995 -
1996 -
1997 -
1998 -
1999 -
2000 -

Cheers

tania’s NA auto is cosmetically close to std keep the doors opening as normal but it has got black n white interior so if another comes forward closer to std will be happy to move aside

You can pencil in me for a 1990 silver Mk1 GTO TT, It (will) is all standard externally apart from the exhaust and the CD player.

quite happy to put mine down for 91 n/a only thing changed on the outside is rims and tinted light lenses

Rossi

Hi Chap,

You can put me down for the 1999 slot with a Mark 4 and somehow I have an even rarer model with it being a full fat Z16A whereas it was often viewed they were all Z15 variations. When I first got the car and did some digging ,it seems it was a customer order who wanted the full Z16A specification.

With the wheels the car originally have 6 spoke 18 inch chrome fittment but they have since badly corroided and long gone but I have a choice of two alloys to put on the car for the display. I have removed the original number plate from the centre of the nose but otherwise the car is in original specification with original Timber Green paintwork as it left the factory (without any reprays). I also have a BF quad exit exhuast to keep the original look.

Let me know if you want it to take part in the line up

regards

Marcus

So far:

1990 - Mk.1 TT (Equium Duo)
1991 - Mk.1 N/A (rossi_226)
1992 -
1993 -
1994 -
1995 -
1996 -
1997 -
1998 -
1999 - Mk.4 Z16A TT (Merlinsabre)
2000 -

boo - what year is Tania’s car?

Great idea. Probably not one I’ll be able to attend as I’ve got so many other things to get to this year. Good luck everyone.

Staff

i have 96 tt pearl white MR although its lowerd dif wheels single exaust custom int, if you need my car i will be happy to line up :lol:

what is the date of jae thanks

Should be the second weekend in September off the top of my head.

I would have gone for the 90 TT with my early old knacker , but ive kind of bastardised it now beyond being a true MKI :lol: .

Thats assuming i even get to see it this year :?

Craig :slight_smile:

you can have mine for 96 uk 3000 GT , standard apart from wheels and exhaust…thats if ive still got it … :cry:

I’ll be there, mine is a completely standard (apart from the dump valve) 1991 TT.

One thing the MR2 owners club did was a ‘Viewer’s favourite’. Basically give everyone looking round a bit of paper to write down their favourite modded and unmodded car, the winner getting a prize.

Basically it made you appreciate the cars a bit more, and look a bit closer than you might have otherwise. Ace idea and something we could wither steal outright or adapt I’m sure!

[quote]I’ll be there, mine is a completely standard (apart from the dump valve) 1991 TT.

One thing the MR2 owners club did was a ‘Viewer’s favourite’. Basically give everyone looking round a bit of paper to write down their favourite modded and unmodded car, the winner getting a prize.

Basically it made you appreciate the cars a bit more, and look a bit closer than you might have otherwise. Ace idea and something we could wither steal outright or adapt I’m sure![/quote]

I’ve been thinking along the same lines - it wouldn’t be a problem to simply print some forms with spaces for registration numbers and have a box for the forms to be posted into. If we wanted to make it more interesting (or complex :!: :lol: ) we can go for categories like modified, standard, cleanest, etc.

Craig - same reason mine won’t fit into the line-up :lol:

Rich - you’ll still have the car, sell some of your private army instead.

Simon - sounds good, standard bodywork is the main aim as thats what changed the most over the model’s life. Wheels, trim details and exhausts aren’t a problem.

I can most likely get to this. It was good last year, but idiot me parked right down where there were a load of Skylines (well, they needed a lift in that area).
Mine’s a late '92 NA 5-speed manual. No mods other than an HKS induction kit and Lenso 19" rims, plus I colour coded the grey band inset on the front bumper to Gentille Silver, like the rest of the bodywork. That qualify? No matter if not.

Mike

Great idea!

Don’t know what year Tania’s car is but if not the same as mine, I can put mine in, it’s a '92 n/a auto. Standard except new wheel rims. Hope I’ll have had the dent in the wing fixed by then!

Mandy

MANDY Your BBS rims are genuine MITSUBISHI fitments see you at the Kent meet Best wishes Phillip (Silver Surfer)

Update:

1990 - Mk.1 TT (Equium Duo)
1991 - Mk.1 N/A (rossi_226)
1992 -
1993 -
1994 -
1995 -
1996 - Mk.2 3000GT (GTnewbie)
1997 -
1998 -
1999 - Mk.4 Z16A TT (Merlinsabre)
2000 -

Looking like this might just work :smiley:

Simon, is your car a Mk.2 or a Mk.3? I’m not planning to rigidly select cars that are exactly right (i.e a Mk.2 TT from 1994 could easily fill the 1995 slot if need be) so if I know whether yours is a 2 or a 3 I can place it one side or the other of Rich’s 3000GT.

Mandy/Mike, I think we’re ok for Mk.1 N/A’s at the moment :lol: however i’ll bear everyone who wants to be in the line-up in mind - there’s always the chance someone will drop out.

Really, I need more Mk.2’s and 3’s :!: