JAE 2019 Thursday 8th August - Sunday 11th August

I think you meant Nuggets :joy::joy: never had noughts :+1:

James

Date: 25 July 2019 at 13:53:13 BST
To: Ali Smith <[email protected]>
Subject: JAE Club plot owners IMPORTANT INFO!

Hi, Hope you are well!

We are now 2 weeks away from the start of JAE, and it’s looking great!

I’ve compiled a few important details that you need to be aware of for your club plots. Please do pass this info on to your members.

Support Vehicles - Each club plot is entitled to one support vehicle pass. This is available at the ticketing booth at the entrance - you will need to state your club plot number and confirm the email address that was used for the booking. Over the duration of the event, security will look out for Non-Japanese cars that are parked on plots. If it’s not displaying the pass, it will be asked to relocate to either the Non-Japanese Display parking (if worthy!) or to the general parking.

Petrol Generators - these are totally fine, but our Health & Safety consultant may visit your plot and inspect the generator to verify it is being used safely and is in a well maintained condition.

Glass Containers - This is REALLY important - the premises license for the Norfolk Showground does NOT ALLOW glass containers, such as beer bottles or spirits bottles. Therefore, if you are bringing drinks with you, please make sure that they are either cans, plastic bottles or wine boxes. You can bring spirits etc into the event, but just make sure you decant them into a plastic bottle prior to arrival. You will notice that the Moonshine trader is selling drinks that are in glass jars. These are permissible under the terms of the license as they are sold with the intention of being consumed off-site.

Dogs - Please remind any of your members that there are strict rules about bringing Dogs to JAE. These can be reviewed here - https://jae-show.co.uk/pages/dogs-die-in-hot-cars

Fire Safety - In a nutshell: All BBQ’s must be elevated at least 50cm off the ground. You must have a fire extinguisher with the BBQ. No Fire Pits/open fires. Don’t smoke in or near tents. No paper lanterns. More info here: https://jae-show.co.uk/pages/bbq-fire-safety

Non-Japanese Cars - This year, we are TRIALLING the inclusion of a non-Japanese vehicle display area. As you know, we do have a number of clubs which have members with non-Japanese cars, who then feel left out, or try to sneak their car in as a support vehicle (seriously, it’s a Z4 support vehicle?!) so we have added in a display area. Please let the non-Japanese drivers in your club know!

Memorial Video Submissions - If you have a friend or club member that you would like remembered in the memorial video, please can you send photos and details to [email protected] no later than this coming Sunday (28th July)

Drones - Nope. Unless you have a commercial license, insurance and permission from the JAE team. Please email us if you would like to apply for permission.

REP Discount Code and discounted online tickets - these are only valid until midnight on Wednesday 31st July, so make sure you buy any outstanding tickets asap so you don’t miss out on the saving! Discount code - REP2019

IKO Events & Cosplay! Please do have a look at the list of activities and start planning your cosplay outfits and your teams now now now! https://jae-show.co.uk/pages/the-hks-its-a-knockout

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop us a message!

See you in 2 weeks!

Best Regards,

Ali Smith

Ichiban Events Ltd / Japanese Auto Extravaganza

www.jae-show.co.uk

1 Like

So guess if you leave your drone at home @3000gt all we have to worry about is crystal glass :joy:

Tracie

3 Likes

we carry all that crap in our camper, I’ll chuck a load of disposable extras in there

1 Like

Planning to arrive around 13:00 - 14:00

1 Like

Hi Guys and Girls
Thanks to the special people in this club, it looks like I will be hanging around a bit longer. I am really looking forward to meeting some of you at JAE and following a conversation with Steve, I wanted to let you know that I will be bringing an extensive set of tools for on site repairs. I will also bring a work station and components for repairs to those niggling little electrical faults like door locks or electric mirrors going crazy. If you can’t do the job yourself, I will do it for you for free. You buy the parts. If you are not the DIY type, please message me with the fault you want looking at so I can bring the right parts should you not have them already. I can also fit those lovely new vents that you bought from the club but are too afraid to tackle the dash removal for fitting and don’t want to pay a garage £100+

11 Likes

The fto club I am in have had a drop out.
They have asked me if anyone from GTOUK would like to buy a weekend ticket for £45?

2 Likes

Bit harsh calling you a drop out tbh mate :rofl:

6 Likes

Only one club for me mate…but the Peugeot guys don’t do Jae so I have to make do :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Shouldn’t that be crap in my crappy van?

To all the people I call “friends” have a great time, I won’t be in attendance for various reasons, cheers.

Watch the approaches on both sides of the 47 slip roads they will both have cameras there in the lay-bys.

Also anyone using Easton village or bawburgh there will be ■■■■■■■■ residents here, especially bawburgh where they have various low limits and there is a resident with a speed camera that they set up with police.

Approach via the city and dereham road has 2 fixed cameras both sides.

Off to my ‘shed’ with Katie once I’ve done my bike test, as I’ve nothing that needs fixing this weekend :thinking::joy:

Happy jae

2 Likes

If the weather gets too bad I will see you at your shed :joy:

1 Like

For all those going today to set up have a safe journey and a good night, peg those tents down well, forecast bad winds on Saturday.

Access today is 3pm.

See you all tomorrow.

Tracie :grin:

1 Like

Have a good weekend folks , haven’t missed one of these for years , crap timing from the organisers unfortunately, cant be there in body but will be in spirit thinking of you all :beer::tada:

3 Likes

My plan is to get there Fri about 2pm, traffic depending.
Marty

2 Likes

We’re going to arrive late on Friday night…depending how late, might see you on Saturday morning! Either way, really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers

2 Likes

The folks should still be up , be disappointed if not lol been to bed at sunrise before now :rofl:

4 Likes

All set up.
Had some food now chilling.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a cracking weekend.

4 Likes

Dont let Simon take his drinks to bed :rofl:

2 Likes

Having a good night mate.
Shame you couldn’t make it.
I will just have to take it easy without you here :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: just let some gas off in your tent bud , drink everything in sight and some and it will be like I’m there :beer::fire::+1:

3 Likes