Japfest 2022 April 10

My GTO passed the MOT, so all systems go for Japfest :grinning:

I found out before the garage rang me because I kept refreshing the DVLA MOT Check website and it suddenly changed to 2023. So I was able to do much whooping in private, I always think it’s a bit undignified jumping up and down and throwing your arms in the air and shouting ‘F****** Yes!!!’ in the presence of an MOT Tester.

5 Likes

Hello!

I am going to japfest, in the GTO! Only just joined this forum so missed the cut off date but would love to see some people at the stand if there is one!

Hopefully see you then!

Matt :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great Matt, call round and see us, you’ll be most welcome :+1: :smiley:

Cheers

Mick

4 Likes

Congrats Mick

1 Like

I am hoping to get there this Sunday as well. A warm welcome to Matt, and it would be good to see a few of you there with your cars.

Mike

3 Likes

Be great if you can get there too Mike :+1: :smiley:

GTOUK Area 12

Have a great day peeps.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

3 Likes

Great to see we will have presence, have a great day peeps, take plenty of pics.

Steve

3 Likes

From what the Kelsey Events people are telling me, all the Club stands are packed. If the weather stays favourable it should be a pretty good turnout.
I have missed out on getting on to the GTOUK corral in Area 12, but no problem, I’ll get over there if I can.

Mike

2 Likes

Tracie how do you get to park with the club , I know it sounds stupid but how does it work do they tell you where to park or do you say on I’m with so and so club and they direct you or do I just drive around to the area , cheers :slight_smile:

I might guess at an answer to that…
GTOUK is in Area 12. If you have a Club Stand ticket you’ll see signs etc directing you to the various areas once you’re in.
I think…
Tracie will hopefully corroborate the above.

Mike

1 Like

Hi,

No such thing as a silly question- it’s the answers that get silly :joy:

I assume you have a pass to display/ hang from the mirror- when you get there display this and the stewards will direct you to the club spot :+1:

Have great day.

1 Like

IMPORTANT CLUB INFO FROM JAPFEST

CLUB ENTRY: 07:00
DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY. YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED ENTRY BEFORE 07:00

Vehicles must be parked on club stands by 09:00. Any club cars who arrive after 09:00 WILL NOT be allowed inside the show and will have to park in the Public Car Park.

DRIVER AND PASSENGERS WILL NEED TICKETS
Your vehicle pass will allow entry for your vehicle only.
Each person in the vehicle will need an entry ticket each.

ADVANCE TICKETS ONLY.
You will not be able to purchase a ticket on the gate. If you need to purchase additional tickets for your passengers, you can do so by purchasing a public entry ticket.

PRINT YOUR VEHICLE PASS
Please print, cut out and write your registration on your pass.
Upon entry and throughout the event, your vehicle pass must always be displayed. Passes on mobile devices will not be accepted.

CLUB STAND LOCATION
You have been issued with a T or a B numbered pass. Upon approaching the venue, please follow the entrance signage that correlates to your pass. The marshals will then direct you into the circuit and towards your club stand.

PLEASE NOTE:

• NO ANIMALS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED WITHIN THE CIRCUIT
  • A SPEED LIMIT OF 5MPH IS IN FORCE THROUGHOUT THE SITE
  • WHEN DRIVING, PLEASE BE AWARE OF PEDESTRIANS. DRIVE WITH EXTRA CARE AROUND PEDESTRIAN AREAS
  • ALL VEHICLES ON DISPLAY MUST BE JAPANESE MODELS.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

3 Likes

This is where it gets tricky so my display hanger thing says mazda
on it as the rx7 was my first choice but typical rotary its broke but it did give me a second choice car that I put the gto down on that , I just hope that they dont put the gto with all the mazdas I would ideally like to be with you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

8 Likes

12 Likes

Well done folks, put on a good show :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

First ever car show fir me today giys and a pleasure to meet you all and see some lovely motors today. Ill post some more photos asap

6 Likes

6 Likes

Well done to all of you who managed to make it there today. You have done yourselves proud!
Unfortunately I got it totally wrong at the outset. I didn’t get in as quickly as I should have to join the rest of you, and therefore I was one of maybe hundreds slowly making their way into the site from the south at just before 10 am. I cannot believe it took almost 90 minutes to travel just under 2 miles. Then, with my accompanying son and 2 grandchildren, we decided we’d better get something to drink and a bite to eat. That was another 75 minutes in a standing queue. By 1.30 I think I’d had enough, and was planning to head home. However, nappy changes and the likes aside, we slowly made our way around and spotted some seriously decent cars (says he, who is rather partial to a contemporary GTR or two, or even a nice R35). There were masses of all sorts, but, somehow I missed the good old GTOs.
Next year I won’t be so lame. This show was extremely well attended. What a difference from the JAE last year. We will definitely have to have a much larger presence.
I planned to put my silver lady up for sale today. But while I was dusting her off earlier this morning, a lady came by and stopped, and she said “wow, that is beautiful”. I thanked her for her generous comments. When I arrived home later today and was parking up, a fella came by and stopped and he said how much he loved the car, and how well it had been looked after. I thanked him too.
Looks like I’ll be holding on to the old gal a bit longer!
Again, well done to all you GTO owners who managed to show your cars at Silverstone today. I hope you all have a great year, despite the current fuel price concerns.

Mike

7 Likes