Japfest 2022 April 10

4 Likes

Unfortunately I didnt get put with the club but she did me proud on the track and never missed a beat on the drive there and back too

9 Likes

Good day was had.
Unfortunately, mine came back on a recovery truck.
My new cambelt side engine mpunt has cracked.
Excellent spor by one of the other gto owners.
Recovered home to prevent total failure.
It will be back
Marty

5 Likes

Shame Marty, soon be sorted I reckon.

I think you need to triangulate the engine mount for the extra strength needed instead of the L shape Marty? What do you reckon?
Jerry

Triangulation is ideal but extremely difficult to achieve with the space available.
I am searching to see if there is an alternative bracket I can use that might position the studs better. I have a steel option in mind also.
However, I am pretty certain now, that it isn’t actually cracked. I couldn’t see the face against the engine while installed, bit it’s now off the car.
I don’t see how it can be a crack without that face showing something.
I have done a quick clean up of the cracked face, and it looks fine.
I will polish it up, and ndt it to be certain.
I am also going to drill and tap for shear bolts to be buried inside the mount to prevent any future problems.
Marty

5 Likes

![received_508880874019767|690x460]
(upload://oRrvwFfg2H1dm1IIwZZ9gQurI9U.jpeg)

Got sent these earlier

6 Likes

3 Likes

Got some good pics from the track time , old girl definitely surprised me .drove there and got ragged around the track and drove back fine. feels like ive learned alot about my car from yesterday , was nice meeting every one !

11 Likes

It was great Mike and weather was really good. However ,I thought there would be more gto but it was great

1 Like

That’s great news. I hope you never have this problem again

1 Like

Was a pleasure meeting you and chatting. I spoke to a couple of you there. Also dropped off a Polaroid to the chap with the red GTO. Sorry I can’t remember your name. But would be a pleasure if I could join the stand next year!

3 Likes

Hi @Jake_K712 i see this is your first post :+1:

Perhaps make a post in the newbie section to introduce yourself to the club :+1:

Cheers,

James

1 Like

I hope it wasn’t my red gto :rofl::rofl:

Hi @Jake_K712 , thanks for the polaroid! Really good to meet you and hope you can join us for future events, cheers

Mick J

2 Likes

Hope it came out alright. Discovered after that the polaroid’s were an older pack so wouldn’t work as well.
Pleasure meeting you. Cant wait to join in soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Here’s some Japfest Pics…
Following Marty to Japfest, early on Sunday nice clear roads and blinding sunshine

Marty eases trafiic by creating a 3rd lane, so I follow!

Entering Copse tunnel and yes I admit…I did slow right down and then revved it hard in the tunnel :laughing:

3 Likes

Great to meet up with everyone, also met 3 GTO owners who aren’t in the club, but hopefully they will be soon :smiley:

btw all Mk1s!!

9 Likes

I was amazed they were all mk1’s as well. Only ever seen 2 gtos in the wild and ones been sat on a driveway for the last decade!

1 Like

Found this little video on YouTube of a walkaround our stand:

Hopefully I’ll have my pics uploaded by the end of the week.

4 Likes