JapFest 30 April 2017

Well spotted @jensen360 lol

3 Likes

For those of us camping :fearful:

1 Like

blimey, only 4 of us on the track, I thought more were doing it, going to be flagged off for being at the back I think , do you have a back of the filed sticker :slight_smile: hehehe

• made a mistake on booking a ticket for the missus, dam, can only get public ticket now, no t-shirt for her then , lol
2 Likes

By the way Dave, how come I’m N johnson and everyone else is first name - i’ll let you call me Nigel if you promise to pick up the bits that fall off me car , lol @DavePerky

3 Likes

Lol sorry I’m on it immediately :+1: my bits you mean? Ive more rice than anyone.
Dave

1 Like

Sticker for the back should read…"Follow Me!":sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t forget your driving licence those that are on track, both parts.

Please ensure you read and adhere to our track time rules before attending your briefing session. Please note track time is NOT refundable.
Drivers
 All drivers must be 18 or over  All drivers must be at least 4’10 tall  All drivers must have a full and current driving licence on the day of the event or they will not be allowed out on track. Paper section from the DVLA must be downloaded and printed and brought with you. No refunds will be given if you do not provide the correct documentation.  All drivers must attend a briefing before going out on track  Helmets are compulsory and a limited supply can be hired from Silverstone  Drivers must have arms & legs covered at all times whilst driving, no overalls will be available for hire on the day  Seatbelts are compulsory  Drivers must sign an indemnity and fill in all other relevant track paperwork before going out on track  No hand held cameras allowed in cars when on circuit
Passengers
 Passenger passes can be purchased for £10  Only front seat passengers are permitted  Passengers must be 18 or over  All passengers must be at least 4’10 Tall  Helmets are compulsory and a limited supply can be hired from Silverstone  Passengers must have arms and legs covered at all times whilst in the car, no overalls will be available for hire on the day  Seatbelts are compulsory  Passengers must sign an indemnity before going out on track  Drivers carrying passengers must be experienced track day drivers. It is advisable that first time or novice drivers should not carry passengers.
Driving standards
 All drivers must attend a briefing before going out on the circuit and these must be followed  Treat your first lap as a sighting lap  Racing is not permitted  Only join the circuit via the PTT track access route, and then accelerate briskly to Track Speed. Leave the circuit only via the PTT track exit route  The track must be used in a clockwise direction only  Overtake on the straight only. Overtaking can only take place on the left and due consideration must be given to the driver. Overtaking must never take place on the corners. Entering the corner is described as: ‘from the moment a driver commits him or herself to turning the car into the corner’  Drivers must not overtake in Red zones or after the brake signs  Make frequent use of mirrors and move over safely to allow quicker cars to pass. Use indicators to assist the overtaking driver and make the maneuver as safe as possible. Never move off line in a corner.  All windows should be closed at all times while on track  Any driver spinning, racing or driving dangerously will be reported and may be refused extra track time  Drive slowly in the paddock, there will be a lot of pedestrians – be aware of them  Drivers will be watched at all times, if reported the driver will get a yellow card  If a driver gets 2 yellow cards they will be banned along with the car  Mobile telephones and car phones must not be used on Track by drivers or passengers, even if their car is stationary. Anyone seen to be using one will be excluded from the event.
Vehicle restrictions
 Only a Japanese manufactured road legal car is allowed on the track
TRACK TIME RULES
 Your vehicle must be in suitable condition for circuit driving and to MOT test standards  Cars fitted with slick tyres are not permitted on track  Tyres must meet the recommended pressure for high speed driving  Do NOT overfill petrol tanks  3 wheel cars are not permitted on the circuit  Timing Devices of any type fixed to a vehicle are strictly forbidden  The maximum sound level for your vehicle is 102dB, measured on drive by meters around the circuit  The Silverstone Marshals reserve the right to refuse any car from being driven on the circuit for whatever reason – their decision is final  Video Cameras MUST be fixed by means of a mechanical fastening and NOT tape or cable ties. Cameras must also not hinder a driver’s vision. A Silverstone official must check the fixing before being admitted on to the circuit.  Open top vehicles must be fitted with a roll bar/approved windscreen that acts as a roll bar. Your car, even if it is totally road legal, will not be allowed on the circuit if it does not meet the above requirements  Please ensure that all loose objects are removed from the boot of the car and rear seat.
Briefing It is a requirement of taking your car onto the circuit that you attend a briefing session beforehand. At the end of the briefing you will be issued with a wristband as proof of having attended. You will need to show this to the pit lane marshal before access is allowed onto the circuit. Do not remove the band. Briefing takes place in the Brookland Suite next to the BRDC Grandstand. Please organize yourself to arrive at the briefing room at least 10 minutes before your briefing session starts. If you miss your briefing time you will not be allowed on track.
Insurance: It should be noted that standard insurance does not cover track driving. Please make your own arrangements for accident cover. Fuel Station: Fuel and Oil are available on site at the Gulf Silverstone Filling Station adjacent to the paddock. The Fuel Station offers an automated 24hr credit or debit card operation. Waste Disposal: Every effort should be made to ensure that waste oil, petrol and tyres are placed in containers provided. Under no circumstances should used tyres be left in the paddock area.
Driving Safety Tips:  Make frequent use of mirrors and move over safely to allow quicker cars to pass. Use indicators to assist the overtaking driver and make the manoeuvre as safe as possible.  Slower drivers must be aware of drivers with more competence and allow quicker vehicles to pass efficiently. Use indicators if appropriate to assist the overtaking driver and the overtaking driver MUST make the manoeuvre as safe as possible. The faster driver MUST give a gap of at least six feet. Drivers seen to be deliberately obstructive in the overtaking process will be removed from the circuit to be re-briefed.  It is advisable not to fill the fuel tank to more than 70% to avoid heavy loading to the vehicle. Equally do not let the level fall to a level where surge may occur or even worse run out.
Flag and traffic light signals Should a session be stopped for any reason, red lights will be switched on around the circuit and/or red flag at the side of the track Red flag/lights – Prepare to stop, check mirrors, slow down to approximately 20mph and follow the officials instructions Yellow flag/lights – Indicates danger, slow down considerably, be prepared to take evasive action including stopping if necessary. No overtaking. Yellow/Red Striped Flags – Indicates oil spills and wet conditions. Chequered flag – Indicates that you must come off the track at the end of the lap, continue around the circuit and use the pit slip road to exit the track Black flag – We have seen something dangerous on your car, slow down and return to the pit lane
YOU MUST ENSURE YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL TRACK RULES
How to Get On Track 1 Ensure your vehicle is suitable for track use 2 Purchase and retain your track pass 3 Read all the track rules 4 Attend Briefing and sign indemnity 5 Collect wristband and fix on your right wrist 6 Have you got the correct clothing – arms and legs must be covered 7 Wear a crash helmet 8 Queue for your track session 9 Follow the Track Officials Instructions 10 Obey the track rules. We are watching you
Dave

Paper part is no longer valid Dave. Don’t know if I even have mine anymore.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
you must download it and bring it

1 Like

What is this care in the community guys :joy:

2 Likes

Just trying to keep you busy.
Do you have my gtouk membership num just incase I need it. :grinning:

3 Likes

68 same as everyone else…owe you one.

2 Likes

what time are people getting there on the sunday?theres a services on the m1 right near the road that leads to silverstone m1 15a if anyones passing and wanna convoy to silverstone

3 Likes

I will be heading there for gate opening. Nice and early if you want to meet Scott?

1 Like

yeah ok mate see if anyone else want to join us

3 Likes

Oh god! Gates open at 7am! Better keep away from the camping bar and entertainment… Hoping it’s kareoke tbh.

2 Likes

This looks too good to be true 60s i remember when i popped up in 60s

2 Likes

i popped out in the 60’s

2 Likes

I will be making my way over early again like last time. Rather be early as the queues will get big quick.

I remember it snowed last year and was freezing camping. I slept in my car lol :joy:

@DavePerky can u post the map of where the stand is please? :confused:

Thanks for organizing.

2 Likes

See you there early.

Plan to get there for 7am.

Be looking for coffee and a bacon roll shortly after arrival!

Marty

4 Likes