Japfest Silverstone 23rd April 2023

Is anyone planning a convoy for this? Maybe just meeting up at a garage just before? Perhaps the BP on the A43, just before Silverstone Google Maps at 8:30?

I will be there for 8.30 Joe

2 Likes

Remember guys, 9am is the deadline for Club Stand cars, after that you have to park in the public car park even if you have a stand pass.

Didn’t want you to come unstuck if you get caught in a big queue meeting up at that time.

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

Ahh I didn’t know that. Had a quick look at the ticket and saw entry from 7:00-9:30. Didn’t realise there was a cut-off on that too. Maybe we should get there a bit earlier then.

1 Like

Don’t think they’ve made it very clear about the 9am deadline really, but this is the Club Information on Japfest.

And don’t forget your Vehicle Passes are required to get on the stand.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

1 Like

Thank you.

Maybe 7:30 or 8:00 is a better time then.

1 Like

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the weather? Could be showers depending on which site you look at.

1 Like

And it passed the mot😁

5 Likes

Yeah… :frowning:

The forecast isn’t looking good at the moment :roll_eyes: but we’ve been there when it’s been a lot worse :see_no_evil:, its only forecast showers, which I’m sure if I can weather, you guys can :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Unfortunately, my GTO will not be making an appearance at Japfest.
I am still going, and Mick has kindly offered me a lift.

I have now completed a ‘beta’ version of my ptu testing box.
It seems to work just fine, bur all the ptus I have here are good.

Can anyone who has one, please being along known bad, dodgy or otherwise unknown ptus to Japfest for me to test please?
Really quick test, takes under a minute

Many thanks.
Marty

2 Likes

Unfortunately my car wont make it down either as the clutch gave out last night. My mate has offered to give me a lift down so I’ll pop over to the stand at some time.

3 Likes

That’s a shame Marty, but glad you’ll still be there, @mickJ great of you to offer your chauffeuring service to a Club Member :grin::+1::+1: :+1:.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Adam :sob:, but yes, come over and enjoy the Club without your car :+1:.

1 Like

Unfortunately my GTO is still not starting. Anyone near Southampton that could be very kind and give me a lift there and back by 5:30?

Joe
I have a family chore early so i will go straight to Silverstone

1 Like

Thanks Tracie, and if the car has a PTU problem on the way I’m guessing we’ll be ok :laughing:

1 Like

Been refurbishing my gto for the last 3 years. Not quite ready but hope to see you all next month.

3 Likes

Well hopefully not Mick, but if ever there was a great co-pilot to have, it’s got to be Marty :+1:.

1 Like

Hi all, my apologies, unfortunately I had to pull out of Japfest at last minute due to family illness. Was really excited at first show of the year for me, and was looking forward to a cruise up with @Marty_K

Hope you’re having a good day and see you at Santa Pod

Mick J

3 Likes