Thanks
Lara

I am aiming to get the for around 8:30 am

Cheers,

James

1 Like

Perfect :blush:
See you then

Me and @Marty_K should be there between 8.00 and 8.30. I just need to fit a few essentials, like door mirrors, tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone, first proper run out this year so :crossed_fingers:

Looked at the weather forecast…packing sun cream and umbrella

:sunglasses:

Mick

2 Likes

Wonderful :blush:
Weather is looking good

1 Like

Is there a map anywhere?, had a quick gander yesterday but didnt find anything

Well, I have 2x GTO’s and neither will be there tomorrow.
Left it until last minute to prepare, and this time it has cost me.
I have a starter motor issue with my old GTO and the other one is not currently road legal.

So, hoping to catch a lift with Mick, but will be there come what may.

Ordered a replacement starter motor already, so should be a quick fix…just not quick enough for tomorrow.

Marty

2 Likes

Great meet today, 12 cars on our stand :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face: shining all day, I was melting by 2pm :sweat: shouldn’t complain :grin:.

Think we did GTOUK proud :clap:.

Post any pics you’ve got.

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints:

4 Likes

Great to catch up with you all.

Fixed the car two weeks ago and what a fantastic drive down only to turn into a Nightmare driving back.
Didnt make it out of Santa Pod befor I had the engine missing and the rev counter bouncing all over. Once we were on a sraight road the car ran ok ish, so managed to get home.
Lifted the bonnet to find the battery terminals were red hot.
Logged the car no faults but the alternator is buggered.
Hopefully that is the issue. Has anyone experienced the same when the alternator is faulty?

Steve

5 Likes

Great day and Hoopy Loopy made it there and back! Although was a slightly hairy moment when I went to start her up to go home and all the lights cut out. Luckily it was the battery +ve terminal gave it a wiggle to tighten and she fired up and was happy.

Need to put my new terminals on - had them a year now :joy:

4 Likes

What a great meet, good seeing you all again and fantastic weather!
Not happy my ac packed in again on the way home… with its clutch rattling a good un till the revs drown it out, sandwiched between a 300zx and rx7 on the way back doing the marque proud… :smiley:
Then to top it off, its now stalling/cutting out when pulling off from a stand still, runs absolutely fine once going but have to give it far to many revs getting it off the line.

Such a lovely day :heart:
Yes our stand most definitely looked gorgeous
See you all soon xxx😊
@Tracie @stevie

So lovely to see hoopy loopy :white_heart: beautiful :blush:
@James3000GT

1 Like

Hi @stevie

WOW another nightmare :flushed:

If the regulator/ voltage control built into the alternator fails over voltage could occur (over 14volts) this could then cause the issue yiu have.

It may have fried the battery to :frowning:

1 Like

A great day indeed.

3 Likes