Japshow Santa Pod 15th May

And some of pics from me :blush:
Uploading: IMGP9516.JPG…

5 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for the help and advice today and the ECS. It would have been nice to have a bit more gt talk but the day went very quickly and I think we kept missing each other when we went back to check in, but great to see some very nice cars.

Bob

4 Likes

Glad to see GTOUK presence again.
Looking at the pics and comments it seemed a great time was had by all, not very often we miss events with the HULK but seeing the attendance has motivated us to get him up to scratch and out there :blush:

Steve

6 Likes

Hi Mike,

Great Job on organising the logistics of this event. My first visit to Santa Pod and I really enjoyed it. Also Sophia really enjoyed it as well and is now asking when is the next car show :joy:

James

6 Likes

Spotted on japshow

4 Likes

Here are my photos from Blackett Photography of my couple of runs

8 Likes

Well I am very pleased that Sophia had a nice day too.
It was nice to see the youngsters there. I expect Jensen’s daughter Paige (hope I got that right) enjoyed herself too.
Ir’s a great pity that rain cut the day short.
Glad you had a good day too James.

Mike

3 Likes

Thank you Mike for sorting the tickets and stand passes, banners and flags, help like this always leads to a smooth event.

Steve

4 Likes

This was certainly a great event, one to put in the diary for next year I think, but have to say, the smooth running and the way the Club was displayed is all down to Mike @dodgemonkey, these things don’t just happen, tickets/stand passes being posted, arranging the meet up place prior to the meet, etc so well done Mike, appreciated by all.

Thanks to all those who took the time to take pics to show members next year how good GTOUK is👍.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

5 Likes

Joe, I saw the car rearing up as you came off the line (see pic 2 above), like a great white winged horse in poetic terms, or rotational torque effect in non-poetic terms. Either way it was exciting! :clap:

3 Likes

More photos…

4 Likes

Great pics fellas…
My son and daughter in law bought me an expensive camera last year. It would be great if I knew how to properly use it…
Looks like I need to go back to school. My favourite photo of the day was the pre-meet line up at the BP fuel station near Santa Pod. I am told I need to upload that one to the “cloud” first, then paste it…
Anyway, here’s some that did upload nicely…

Our pitch at Santa Pod…

Young Joe, lighting up the famous strip…that was a 16.28 pass, well done!

Marty’s engine bay…notably different from the 6G72s

How about this for a funeral car - Impreza style…

Oh no…little white MX, not such an aerodynamic fit for the turbo…

Bad day for a respray…

Red beauty…

Another red beauty

Anyone from GTOUK?

Silver beauty…

And one from yesteryear. A delightful Celica, circa '75. The owner’s had it for 35 years…

Unfortunately, I missed out on George’s run(s). Hope they went well!

Great day - thanks to all of you who made it a memorable one.

Until the next one, eh!

Mike

4 Likes

That Blue car belongs to waynegto - thanks for reminding me I spoke to him for a while and he thought he was still a member- need to send him some details to re-join :+1:

James

The classic celicas looked lovely. And lovely to see so many gtos about to ofc. Managed a 15.44 run in mine which was great fun

2 Likes

Pity the ECS ECU didnt solve it, but at least it narrows the fault down slightly

Hey, I got a few pictures and videos.

The club

Loved this celica

Nice V8 RX8

Off road Supra

1000bhp Supra

Winner of best show car

8 Likes

Can’t seem to upload the videos. Was a great show, apart from queuing out for an hour should have left earlier. Great meeting everyone thanks guys.

6 Likes

It was definitely worth the try. Marty is coming over Saturday to pick up a carpet for his and is going to check the caps for broken wires with the multimeter.

3 Likes

So this was a great success it seems, so let’s keep that Club spirit going and come to the Birthday Bash on 1st/2nd July.

This is a day event or weekend camping but plenty of time to talk about our cars, even if you don’t come in yours.

It’s in the Rugby area, so central to all hopefully.

Family/Kids welcome.

Have a look here

Tracie

4 Likes