Camping weekend - Birthday Bash 1 - 3rd July 2022

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to hold our traditional camping weekend again! This is not a car show so you can attend in any vehicle you wish although watching people pack large tents and kit into a GTO is always fun!

The initial plan is to have a campsite located somewhere in the middle of the country around the Coventry/ Rugby area and the key points will be:

1. each pitch will have electric (16A connection)
  2. there will be toilets and shower facilities (I’m not an animal!)
  3. the cost will be somewhere between £50 - 60 for 2 nights based on two people sharing (depending on numbers).
  4. local Pub nearby for Hot meals and cold beers - if you don’t want to cook on your portable BBQ.
  5. this is a family event so feel free to bring partners/ relatives etc… and all about having a nice relaxing weekend.

In addition we sometimes bring an event shelter so even the rain cant stop us having fun!

at this stage all i ask is if this is an event you would be interested in and attend please comment below as we need to have an idea of numbers in order to reserve a plot.

Cheers,

James

5 Likes

Up for this

Simon

2 Likes

Sounds great :+1: work and sitters permitting we’ll go to this

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

2 Likes

That’s 3 pitches at least!

FYI we are keen to get this booked next week so any indication you would attend is most useful.

Cheers.

James

1 Like

Im away that week on holiday but enjoy guys and girls :clap:

2 Likes

I am interested.
Marty

2 Likes

Ok so very keen this goes ahead, and would like to book this week

So after the AGM , a few answer to some general questions asked

1, Can I just pop along for the day, yes anyone is welcome to pop down during the weekend, to say hello

2, Do I have to attend all weekend, The site is available for a single night or both the Friday and Saturday ,

3, Will the club provide food, The club will not be providing food, but there is pub with 10 mins walk, and you can cook on your camping gear, i will find out if there is a cafe onsite

We need 10 places to book this so please can you add your names and I will get it added to the shop

Simon

2 Likes

Where’s it being held this year?

Here Colin :grin:

Hi Everyone,

The birthday bash this year will be held from the 1st - 3rd July at the following venue:

Manor farm campsite
Main street
Catthorpe
LE17 6DB

the car club has a total of 8 pitches with electric reserved until the 15th May at the rate of £25 p/n for 2 people.

Firepits are available to hire at £5 per night, BBQs are also allowed as long as they are raised off the ground to prevent damage.

How to Book

1. Send an email to [email protected] confirming:
  • name and number of persons on the pitch
  • how many nights you want to stay
  • would like to book as part of the GTOUK group.

you will then be sent a link with the correct price in order to book your pitch.

1. By telephone: 01788 869002
  • select option 102
  • ask to speak to Caroline (or leave a message with your name and number and she will call you back)
  • make sure you mention your part of the GTOUK group for the reduced rates.

once you have booked please add your name to the list below.

James

2 Likes

Hi all - please add your names to the list:

1. James - 2 nights paid
  2. Steve & Tracie - 2 nights paid
  3. Simon 2 nights paid
  4. Mark - 2 nights paid
  5. Terry - 2 nights paid
1 Like

A quick reminder, we will lose the spaces if there are not booked

Simon

Here it is chaps the camping weekend - usual suspects tagged:

@Marty_K
@Colin_GTO
@ms8leach
@just_cool

And of course anyone else who wants to join us :joy:

Any issues with booking please let me know :+1:

James

1 Like

Hi all,

One week to go for booking this event at this price.

Come on have a go at camping :tent: :joy:

James

1 Like

James, its only so you can show off your new tent.

Booking now.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

@just_cool correct I’m getting desperate- have threatened Helen and the children with a weekend camp in the new forest :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take them, show Helen the pleasures of camping.

If you want to book by telephone Caroline will be available tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and again on Thursday 9 - 5 for telephone bookings.

After these dates we will not be able to guarantee the prices and availability.

James

James

1. James - 2 nights paid
  2. Steve & Tracie - 2 nights paid
  3. Simon 2 nights paid
  4. Mark - 2 nights paid
  5. Terry - 2 nights paid

Is this mine James, if not I’ll ad my name to the list but I don’t know another Terry :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers mate.

Please, please don’t add another you, one is far more than most of us can cope with :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::woman_shrugging:.

Yes, it’s you Terry.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

2 Likes