Motive Electronics on board

I would like to thank Sean @motive electronics for becoming a supporter of GTOUK.

You will notice they have a banner, just click the banner to be directed to the website.

Any Questions regarding the climate control repairs please contact @seanb

Thanks

Steve

5 Likes

Many thanks Steve.

We’ve now repaired over 10 climate control panels with 100% success. 1/3 of our customers have thus far been overseas. Having owned 2 GTO’s, with one being a major restoration completed in 2015, I know the GTO pretty well. Happy to share the knowledge I’ve gained to help keep your car in top condition. Just ask away.

We are also in the process of expanding our range to cover more of the GTO’s electronics modules, including the instrument cluster (speedo & tacho).

Best regards
Sean

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @seanb we’ve had a fair few queries regarding climate controls recently so it sounds like you are going to be a great asset to the Club.

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes

How much to repair the climate control?

1 Like

Hi and welcome i also need my climate control to be repaired as the screen packed up.
Jerry

4 Likes

And me! Wonder if we could do a Bulk Buy…

2 Likes

I think we could just send them all even the working ones as probably on there last leg aswell :laughing:
We should get a good deal :grin:
Jerry

4 Likes

Aah nice!
Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to GTOUK , good to have you on board :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

£119 including VAT, shipping back to you (in the UK) and a 12 month repair warranty. We remove the VFD display panel prior to repair as this is the only way to effect a quality repair.

More details here: https://www.motivelectronics.com/product-page/mitsubishi-gto-3000gt-climate-control-panel.

Happy to answer any questions, just ping me here or through the website.

Best regards
Sean

4 Likes

Hi Jerry,

No problem, 2 business day turnaround. Please see details above in my my reply to Tom.

Best regards
Sean

3 Likes

@gto_power1, @marlowboy

I initially replied to Tom and then noticed there were quite few posts here :slight_smile: That said, apologies as I can only tag two others being a newbie here.

Firstly, thanks for the warm welcome. As a past owner of 2 GTOs (well, one was a Stealth R/T in the US) it’s great to see so many enthusiasts keeping these great cars on the road where they belong.

A summary of what we do re the climate control is in my reply to Tom and here: https://www.motivelectronics.com/product-page/mitsubishi-gto-3000gt-climate-control-panel

I have a background in electronics design so to get these repairs right I reversed engineered the power supply circuit that causes the display failures. Although the failures are all caused by leaking capacitors the repairs needed do vary from unit to unit (the reason why some repairers end up ‘smoking’ the 1W resistor or seeing red ‘grid lines’ on the display). It all depends on what gets ‘eaten’ by the leaking caps!

We’re also now setup to repair the instrument cluster speedometers and tachometers (not on the website yet so please ping me here for that).

On top of that, I’m also working with Rob @ EvilEmpire to repair other GTO modules. This does depend on demand though so let me know what else causes a pain down in the module department :slight_smile:

Happy to answer questions.

Best regards
Sean

7 Likes

Well that’s sorted out my Birthday prezzie from the Wife!

3 Likes

Welcome to GTOUK !

1 Like

Welcome to GTOUK, good to have a climate control solution as it’s probably a case of when rather than if those caps are going to go and cause misery. I have the smoking 1w resistor after swapping out caps diodes and TR2 and it’s become personal :laughing: For anyone thinking of fixing their own, it’s a right faff, especially removing the VF Display etc. So good to see a much needed repair service associated with the club, nice one. :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Mick.

Unless you’ve already repaired open circuit tracks on the PCB that will almost certainly be the issue you have with your unit. Typically 1 to 3 tracks go open around the caps and the diodes. Again it depends on which caps have leaked and how badly. These repairs are made to the pcb under the display panel. The damage caused by the caps leaves little to nothing to solder onto top side of the board.

I’m thinking about offering a big 30% discount to the first GTO UK customer. Send yours in?

2 Likes

What if we could have like a group buy with a discount that way will get a good price and you get the work and everyone is happy :blush:
I’m in for a group buy
Let’s say 5 or 10
Jerry

2 Likes

I’m in…

1 Like

@gto_power1

I can offer a group buy discount of 15%, minimum of 5 units (one unit per member) with orders placed before the end of April.

How does that sound?

3 Likes

I prefer…

’im thinking about offering a big 30% discount to the first GTO UK customer. Send yours in?

2 Likes