Motive Electronics on board

Well, I’ve had my climate control display done already, but Sean, your presence on this site is like manna from heaven. I might even pop my climate control unit in to you, again…
On a slightly different note, do you - or are you able to - look at other stuff, such as the ETACS unit, and the power mirror control box?
Thanks, and welcome on board fella,

Mike

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Dude :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome along bud, this is what the club has been crying out for.

Terry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@marlowboy - I need to feed the kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found a headache helped on that one…

@marlowboy - A few years too late for that strategy.

2 Likes

Need mine doing, its out and ready to ship :slight_smile: Notice your in Hemel use to live there on the Adeyfield Road. How is the 15% going to work, can ship mine Friday?

I think it will be easier for members here if I simply offer the 15% discount to the first 5 members who buy before end of April, then there’s no need to get 5 people together for a group-buy.

@Graveyard666 - Just send your unit to the address on our website (https://motivelectronics.com) using a signed for service (pack it well to protect the fragile mounting tabs). Include in your package your full name & address, contact email address, contact phone # and your GTOUK membership name. We’ll turn it around in 2 business days.

I’ll let you know when it’s done & collect payment either over phone or online.

@gto_power1, @marlowboy - for other members, please let me know here before sending your climate control panel in so I can keep a track on numbers.

Does that work OK?

2 Likes

@dodgemonkey,

We can now repair & test the instrument clusters we are also looking into other modules such as the SRS, engine ecu and auto transmission control.

Not looked at an ETACS unit yet. What are the issues you are seeing?

Haa…now you’ve asked me…well, for some considerable amount of time I have lost the use of my electric folding mirrors. I have checked the cabin fuseways, the actual switch, and tested for any power to it etc, as well as anything in the engine bay fuseway. Also I didn’t realise until quite recently that the powered mirrors have a control box. I removed the control box and sent it off to someone who could sort these out on an exchange basis. So, another control box is in place, but still no powered mirrors yet. I have been half wondering whether the ETACS unit might possibly be the culprit, but not certain. I just wondered whether the innards of the ETACS unit could be checked over.

Mike

1 Like

Check between door and body, wires do tend to break there.

1 Like

Yes, good point Colin. I will do that. Ta…

Mike

Unit sent should get it mon or tues.

Thanks @seanb , my son currently has my CC unit. He’s been changing bits for me. It’s waiting for another test on the car when we can get some time on it. If we don’t get any joy then I’d like to get it sorted before we start meets etc again. Just a note for those removing the units to send (sorry if this is granny sucking eggs thing) the plastic lug on the left hand side of the unit is fairly fragile old plastic. Have patience when you’ve removed the vents and radio, get a good angle on the l/h screw and stop the unit from moving around. I didn’t do that, doh!

1 Like

All of those pesky plastic mounting tabs are fragile. Most of them I see have at least one cracked.

1 Like

Sean,

I’ve got my heater control panel assembly ready to package off to you. Can you advise me whether I just send it to you - or if I need to go through the “Basket” on your website ? Thank you.

John.

@john1

Just send to your unit to the address on our website using a tracked service (pack well to protect the fragile mounting tabs).

Include in your package:

• Your full name
  • Your address
  • Your email address
  • Your phone number
  • Your GTO UK membership name

When your control panel has been refurbished, well let you know via email and send you a link for payment with the 15% discount applied.

We’ve just finished refurbing the first unit for a GTOUK member :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Sean

4 Likes

I will send mine soon too but at the minute I’m still on furlogh and I only get 80% of my wages and I loosing loads of dosh every month but hopefully soon I’ll get back to work on full pay and start recouping my finances back.

2 Likes

Sean, I’ll probably send it sometime tomorrow. Thank you.

John.

2 Likes

So far we’ve refurbished 2 climate control panels for club members. Our 15% discount offer expires end of this month.

Let me know if you’d like to get your climate control repaired in the near future.

2 Likes