New GTO owner needs advice plz

I’ve just bought a 1994 GTO - it’s awesome! - however it’s limited to 110mph. Does anyone know if it can be removed? I’ve been told it’s mechanical and causes engine problems if it’s removed - is this true? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @charlotte_pash
Welcome to GTOUK.
The Newbie section is used to introduce yourself and add a couple of pics of your car.
We love to see pics :grinning:
To open technical info, sales and all the other sections you would need full membership.
This can be purchased from the club shop.
Jensen

3 Likes

Speed limiter can be removed and most members have done this.
It won’t damage the engine, but will make you smile more😉

3 Likes

Welcome on board do get joined, best 20 quid you can spend when you have one of these great cars, good luck with it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Club, you have to show pictures, its a sort of tradition. Introduce yourself, where you’re from, etc. Pics of your car and join up, simples!!!

Terry :sunglasses:

Welcome to GTOUK !

Welcome to full membership @charlotte_pash
Jensen

2 Likes

Isn’t that fast enough for you Charlotte, runs and hides from the fall out. Only joking, have a look through the technical section and you should find the posts about the delimiter.

2 Likes

Hi Charlotte,

Welcome to the club. Let’s see some pictures of your car :grinning:. As said above lots of info on this so use the search function and your answer will be there.

Cheers,

James

1 Like

I like to have a bit of power just for overtaking :smiley:
Cheers, I’ll have a look :+1:

Haha, that’s what we all say @charlotte_pash, but we know the real reason, eh? :joy::joy::joy:

@andybarb brought and fitted a convertor/delimt chip recently.
He might be able to give you the details of where he got his.

That’s great, thanks!

Andy hasn’t posted for over a year mate , there is plenty on delimiters within the site in the tech sections :+1:

3 Likes

Good job your on the ball mate.
Jensen
Tagging members not seen for years :joy:

2 Likes

You could just cut pin 66 of the ecu it’s a yellow wire.
Jerry :grinning:

1 Like

Does that work on mk2 Jerry?

1 Like

@jensen360 Actually I’ll take it back I know it should work up to 1993 on imports but this is a 1994 just read it,so not sure but it’s worth a try anyway if don’t work solder it back.
Jerry

2 Likes

Got to be worth a try as you say it can always be soldered back together. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome!
Ok, well ive literally had my GTO for just over two weeks. I actually wasnt sure what car i wanted to buy but saw the advert and, well it was love at first sight! Before the GTO i had a Jeep Wrangler that id modified for off roading, before that i had and Evo V, so i have quite a varied taste in cars! I live in a village just outside Worcester, not sure if any other members are anywhere nearby? I’ll post a pic when i figure out how to do it… ive never been on a forum before sorry!

1 Like