PRACTICAL CLASSIC CAR AND RESTORATION SHOW WITH DISCOVERY 22nd to 24th MARCH 2019

Every Club Car deserves a place at the NEC but unfortunately we only have space for 6. The buzz you get is second to none but having done the show once before I will only take the space when I know we will be short.

There is still time guys to commit to this and I can guarantee you will love it.

We have Traders and Sponsors who pay to advertise on our club shirts, please try and purchase/wear your club shirt at the show. (Traders/Sponsors can see how much advertising is available with the masses that go to this show)

I will be taking down official club merchandise to the NEC as I will be there at set up even if my car isnā€™t there

If anyone is interested in the GTOUK shirts please purchace
HERE

Steve

4 Likes

Hi Dave, didnā€™t realise, I will order a shirt for my son ,who is attending also, and myself.
Is there enough time to have them sent over here prior to the show?
Enda

3 Likes

@Tracie will know what sizes are in stock mate.

3 Likes

As @jensen360 says mate :+1:

Pm sent to @Tracie,
Hopefully some in stockšŸ¤ž
Enda

2 Likes

You guys that have had ur cars there before are so generous to just make way for us new folk to put our cars on the stand, such a selfless act and very kind, if I were going to the show Iā€™d much rather see @stevie, @jensen360 or @kevin_rhodes (amazing btw!!!) cars rather than mine. Then I think for a min what itā€™s all about at the end of the day, and realise why you would do thisā€¦ itā€™s a journey we are all going through, some as I see it have hit their goals and are topping up and experimenting with their cars and others are still going through the guts of it to make them strong and restore them to what they may eventually be. Love this club, this is the one big show closest to me(6 hour drive) which I canā€™t make again this year due to my sons second birthday at the same weekend. My aim one day would be to get my car at this show if nothing else, by no means would my car be perfect though but it would have had a lot of heart behind it :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

PM sent @enda and 2 T. Shirts reserved for you.

Thanks.

Tracie

2 Likes

Do we have official Gtouk hoodies if so Iā€™ll have 1 as Iā€™m more comfortable in a hoodie than just a shirt

At this stage there arenā€™t any Official GTOUK hoodies Kevin, it is something Steve is looking into though.

Tracie

Hi All myself

Aka Mutley and Hawk Aka Geoff can do the Saturday / sunday :smile:

1 Like

Will put you both down for the 2 days mate.
See you there.

1 Like

Mutley has asked if we would like a part built engine on the stand, nice idea, what do we think of this??

1 Like

I could even bring a head to show the damage when a cambelt fails!!!
Valve guides damaged etc
And for the engine being built a turbo :smile: nice and new

1 Like

I like that idea if it could be presented correctly.

Yes, bring it on. Nice idea.

Hi Tracie
If you have a Menā€™s T shirt (either type) in Large , then could you put one back for me. Then I can either order through club site or whatever way you wish.
Iā€™m out of country in the next few hours for the week. But will have email back on Sunday.
Cheers
martyn1

1 Like

Funny enough my Mrs came up with a similar idea. Itā€™s sprouted from me placing an order with Mr Evil.
Sheā€™s suggested that, I should take the spanners with me so the experienced guys on the stand could fit the bits to the car, whilst itā€™s at the NEC. A kind of - how easy it is to work on these cars, thing.
She also pointed out that I wouldnā€™t then be taking time away from finishing the Range Rover.

Thoughts?

1 Like

This is fine as it is deemed as a restoration show. They actually like to see cars worked on at this particular show. :slight_smile:
Steve

3 Likes

Problem we have here regarding an engine or heads being displayed is space, Cars have to have enough area around for the public to view and open doors etc. We also need to have space regarding a table and advertising banners for the club.

Not sure if there will actually be enough room tbh, I have created a scaled plan of our area.

Steve

NEC%20layout%20march%202019

3 Likes

Hotel costs worked out crazy in the end. So Iā€™m training back to Bristol Thursday night and back up on Sunday morning. The times in between I will be travelling back and fro with one of my other vehicles.
Just to let anyone know - that may be interested.
:blush:

2 Likes