GTOUK @ Practical Classic Classic Car Show at the NEC 23rd March 2018

Hi all
So far up to 6 cars, l need to pitch to the organisers asap so are there any others out there who want to add to the list.
Please post up in the next couple of days if this appeals.
Cheers

Put me down as a tentative please @jerry_SC

Paul

3 Likes

Jerry I can think of at least 2 off the top of my head which will be head turners but still in build process and I’m sure there are others.

I doubt people are able to comit at this stage… 4+ months away but think it would be unfair to exclude them.

I’m sure we must have more time than the next couple of days???

Tracie :hugs:

2 Likes

It’s that Alison who does the stand allocation says she has started allocating space (as soon as the last show finished) and is oversubscribed on clubs wanting to be there. l want to flag up how many cars we think we can show as l want to get the space we will like rather than wait and see what we get offered which l think could be the same as last March, 3-4 cars, l hope we can get more and l just want to hear from those who want to be part of the show so l can pitch accordingly. Ultimately they will give us what they decide so I want for us to be in the best position possible.
(We will have to take the cars there from the Wednesday/Thursday to the Sunday and get accomodation etc so l realise its not for everybody.)
That’s why l was asking for a quick response.
For those doing builds there will l hope be future NEC shows and if we have more cars than space available we will need to decide via the club which ones, don’t want to see anyone excluded but the sooner I pitch the more space l hope we will get.

2 Likes

Any more want to flag up for this, if you are doing a resto and you would like to be in this type of event please say even if you don’t think your car will be ready in March, we can bear in mind for future NEC events. And if you are thinking my car is not show level also flag up s we can clean them up and they need not be bonnet up, loads of cars exhibit with barriers around them so you just take in the exterior.
Don’t be shy!!!

1 Like

You got any treatment on your carpet or do I need a drip tray ?

1 Like

Will definitely visit this time but can’t do a 4 day show Jerry soz mk3 or not :joy:
Dave x

2 Likes

No probs Craig l used a spare piece of carpet!!

1 Like

Or a drop box​:man_facepalming:t4: I remember the days I’d leave a oil trail behind me so glad mines dry for now :grin:

1 Like

A small bit of seepage keeps the underneath oiled so helps keep the rusticles at bay :joy:

1 Like

Hi Folks
To keep this updated l have pitched for space for those above who wish to show their cars. The feedback is that we will most likely get the same space as last year which was 6m x 12m but this Clarion will confirm. Hope we get a bit more but we must wait and see.
Just thinking about how many cars we can show.
Will update asap.
Jerry

2 Likes

6x12m is about 5 cars with room inbetween?

5 is really pushing it, 4 was planned last March and we had 3, 5 would be like a car park on that area. Photo of what we did in March.

If space is tight I’m happy to drop back and let others show , see what comes back though Jerry

Yeah let’s see, just want for us to know what l do, it’s very much a club thing and all be aware.

That would be a shame Craig think your car would look stunning on the stand and bring a lot of attention to the Club, which is what it’s all about.

Tracie :dog:

1 Like

Aww thanks Tracy
Just thinking if we are struggling for space then I don’t mind saving a few days holiday :innocent:

3 Likes

Hi Jerry , I’m going to drop out of this now mate , thought I would let you know earlier than later :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Craig, hope you will still come to the show and good luck with what you want to do.

1 Like

Just a thought @jerry_SC as you have been here before maybe you could post up some Hotel options with Links to prices, websites and locality to the NEC to encourage Members.

This is a Great show as we saw last October but we need to remember cost and time away from family or work always is a consideration and unlike others this us a 3 day event which, if you know of any good Hotel deals in the area it might help enabling members further afield to attend and get the show on the road so to speak.

Just trying to boost this as it really is worth going to even as a day event oot passenger, which we did in October without the Hulk, but Club cars there is what we want to see.

Tracie :dog:

2 Likes