Red 1998 3000GT Breaking :-(

It is with great regret that i have to put up my 3000GT for breaking, after having yet another bottom end failure 2 weeks ago, with an engine i’ve only had for 2 months. :frowning: :cry:

I’ve had so much bad luck these last couple of years with these cars that i’ve had enough for a while now, and i’ve run out of funds to keep fixing them.

My mk1 GTO never caused me any problems, but after spending over a grand on it i unfortuantely crashed and wrote it off a few weeks later.

Then in May 2011 i bought this car from fellow forum member (GTO UK) Darran.

It was listed as a 1998 mk2 3000GT with 86.900 miles with the following mods : 13T turbo’s, Blue flame quad exhaust & full de-cat, performance downpipe, K&Ni air filter, Amber Performance BOV, AEM Wideband O2, Fuel pressure regulator, walbro Fuel pump, 550c Injectors, Kelvar Timing belt, MAP2 ECU, Mk3 lifters, Mocal Oil cooler and new Coil packs. “modded by Eurospec running at a safe 1 bar of boost giving 441 BPH”.

Unfortunatately i’ve never really been able to enjoy it much.

The day after i got it home i started to keep flooding every time i started it, so the map had to be adjusted. Then within 2 weeks of buying it the bottom end went on it, and unfortunately at the time none of us knew what a thieving rip off basterd Bruce the gto doctor was, and i had my car recovered to him to have another engine fitted.

He then send it to Ben at eurospec for a map, but once it got there it was smoking, kept throwing cells, the new clutch and flywheel that were fitted by eurospec before i bought it had miraculously gone missing, and had electrical problems.

The car went back and forth to Eurospec, and Ben managed to sort most of the problems, but it cost me a lot of time and money and it still never ran right due to Bruce’s dodgy engine.

It took the car off the road in august last year, and only put it back on a few months back, ready to finally get it all sorted.

Pete had a look at the engine and said the head gasket was gone, so i looked for a new engine on the forums and in may this year i went to collect an engine of forum member Steve, and dropped it of at Pete, who fitted it for me, and sorted a few other bits and bobs.

He also advised me to get a new clutch so i bought a brand new clutch of Evil Rob, which Pete also fitted for me. On the 6th of june i had my car back on the road, and could start enjoying it again.

Or so i thought… Because on the 15th of july whilst driving the engine suddenly developed a loud rattle, and my oil pressure dropped. And whilst looking for a place to stop on a A12 (with no hard shoulder) the engine died and i just managed to roll into a laybay. The car really struggled to start again, and oil pressure was now showing zero. So ended up getting back home on the back of a recovery truck, and i’ve had someone had a look at the car who’s stated the bottom end has gone again…

Obviously i’m not very happy at all. I’ve spend a couple of grand getting the car back on the road, and now this happened.

I’ve run out of patience, and out of funds. I’ve not got the money to fix her again, so my only option is to break her. Hopefully i can get enough back with the parts to buy another GTO/GT in a few months, but for now i’m kinda done with the gto scene.
I’ve love the cars, and the whole community here on both forums, and been to some great meets, but i just can’t justify throwing big amounts of money on it.

Some parts i’ll be able to take off myself, other bits i’ll need a mechanic to help me (good thing Pete allready offered to help again), or if you know what to do you’re welcome to come round and take the bits of yourself.

I’d already bought a set of of brand new 13T cores of Evil Rob which i was going to have fitted, but it never got to that.
Pete have said he can take my current 13T’s off and install the new cores into the housings, and Rob confirmed they can then be sold as brand new, new generation, unused 13T turbo’s.

I’ll put a few pictures in this topic, if you want more info/pictures on any parts let me know and i can make some more. I’ll put up another post following this one with all the parts.

And i’d like to end with a big thanks to all you guys on here who’ve offered tips/help/advice through the years, and even if i don’t get another GTO straight away, i’m still gonna try and come to some of the meets for a catch up!

Cheers,

Karim

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/695/img0670gfj.jpg

Madluka’s Indiglow dials, with dimmer switch. Come with instructions.

Pioneer TSW-254C sub woofer in custom box with genuine Pioneer Grill in custom made box, carpeted plate for over sparewheel, little bit that goes behind, WCC-6002 2 channel amplifier with crossover 600 Watt, audio cable pack. JVC double din usb headunit

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8595/img0864fr.jpg

Parts listed in next post :

Parts for breaking.

[size=24]UPDATED 04-08-2013[/size]

Newly listed bits :

• Pioneer front speakers £ 25,

• Infinity rear speakers £ 30,

(front and rear speakers together £ 50,)

• Black leather with red stiching gear- and handbrake gaitor £ 30,

• DNP Polished Y pipe £ 150,

• Gearbox, transforbox, propshaft, gearchanges+cables £ 950,

• Forged crankshaft (needs to be checked for damage) £ 150,

• Full Face Segmented Ceramic Stage 3.5 Clutch Kit (of Evil Empire, bought 2 months ago, comes with receipt) £ 200, (reduced from 250)

• 13T turbo’s (with brand new unused, new generation cores) £ 800, PROVISIONALLY SOLD

• Blueflame quad exhaust £ 350,

• EK2 downpipe £ 80, PROVISIONALLY SOLD

• Standard ECU, checked by ecu doctor last year, with paperwork £ 250,

• Map 2 Ecu (set up by Eurospec) £ 100, PROVISIONALLY SOLD

• 550 CC injectors £ 250,

• EVC5 Boost controller £ 150,

• Cylinderheads £ 200,

• Cylinderblock £ 250,

• 18" alloy wheels + tires, refurbed about a year ago, but have got couple marks on one of the wheels, more pics on request £ 500,

• Fuelrail adaptor £ 25,

• Fuel regulator £ 100,

• frontbrake’s 314 calipers + discs £ 150,

• rearbraks’s + discs £ 100,

• rear lights £ 100,

• aircon display £ 45,

• Indiglow dials, full set, but only fitted the 3 main onces to my cluster £ 60,

• Double din JVC radio/cd/usb unit. £ 50, (or £ 35, if bought with the audio bits above). PROVISIONALLY SOLD

• ABS pump £ 100,

• LED robo mod (from this topic http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopi … highlight=) in glass gto headlights £ 300,

• rear cluster £ 40,

• turbo timer £ 25,

• Numberplate M300OHN £ 150,

If there’s anything else you need/want please ask in case i missed any parts.

Also provisionally sold :

• door glass (both sides)
  • black sails
  • Air filter
  • Front aero
  • door seals
  • rear window trim

The couple bits that have been sold have gone through mobile phone, hence there’s no messages on here yet.

I will take the map 2 ecu please.

Cheers,
Neil.

first dibs on pillar mount and sub box etc etc and fuel regulator and fuel rail

first dibs on both the door cards if they are in good nick, don’t need the silver gto speaker cover or bottom carpet piece.

I’ll take a few more pics tomorrow Gavin.

Is it the leathery bits in the door you mean ?

Karim

How much for the transfer box on its own?

Second dibs on the EK2 down pipe if it is in good condition please.

What condition are the door glasses in, are they scratched? If not, 1st dibs please.

André

[quote]I’ll take a few more pics tomorrow Gavin.

Is it the leathery bits in the door you mean ?[/quote]

The whole door card please with leathery bits intact. Put a picture up if your not sure what I mean.

First dibs on the polished Y pipe please Karim and also JVC unit

Can I get dibs on front active aero (the whole thing) tray/brackets/fittings. Only thing I don’t need is the motor that actuates it.

Also, what is the depth of the boot sub-woofer housing? I am interested if deep enough for my current sub.

The Air Filter?

[quote]Karim

How much for the transfer box on its own?

Second dibs on the EK2 down pipe if it is in good condition please.

What condition are the door glasses in, are they scratched? If not, 1st dibs please.

André[/quote]

I’ll get back to you on the transfer box (i’m got zero mechanical skills and english isn’t my first language, so sometimes i’m not sure what engine parts people mean and/or how easy they are to remove) so let me have a quick word with someone and i’ll get back with a price.

2nd dibs noted on the down pipe.

Will check the door glasses, and will take some pics for you. 1st dibs noticed.

Thanks Karim

André

[quote]Can I get dibs on front active aero (the whole thing) tray/brackets/fittings. Only thing I don’t need is the motor that actuates it.

Also, what is the depth of the boot sub-woofer housing? I am interested if deep enough for my current sub.[/quote]

Will take some pics as the front of the tray got some black paint missing but i’ll put you as first dibs on that.

Someone else has already asked for the subwoofer boot set i’m affraid.

Yea that’s yours Chris, as i allready promised you that before i started breaking the car.

[quote]

The whole door card please with leathery bits intact. Put a picture up if your not sure what I mean.[/quote]

I’m Sorry Gavin but i got a message of the person who’s buying the leather interior stating he assumed it was the full interior, so all the leathery bits, which is fair enough. So as he was first i’m letting him have all the bits, including the door panels. Sorry.

I’ll also take the silver Speedo dial surround and the oil filler cap

Also, are your wing mirrors electric folding mirrors? If so, I will take them the switch and any harnesses that come with them.

Are you going to be sending us the payment details via PM?

Neil.

Ok no problem Chris.

No unfortunately they’re not.
I was slightly dissapointed after changing from a mk1 gto to a mk2 3000GT with “higher spec”, only to find out i haven’t got electric mirrors any more on the uk car…

[quote]Are you going to be sending us the payment details via PM?

Neil.[/quote]

Yes i will Neil,

I’m in the middle of a set of 12hour shifts so haven’t got a lot of time at the moment, but will start taking bits of the car over the weekend and sending photos and PM’s to everyone.

Nice one will look out for your pm then :slight_smile:

neil