Redline TOTB 6 29th July 2007

[quote]dave- if i qualify for this, ie fast enough and car running ok by the cut off date -would i be considered for your gto totb team. The reason i ask is i dont want waste valuable time, money and energy like last year only to be overlooked.

all the best mike[/quote]

Hi Mike,

If you qualify for this, ie fast enough and car running ok by the cut off date and are one of the top 5 in the GTOUK club.

YES you will be in the team.

nice one

thanx mike

Dave,

Just a quick question.

For Road class drag this year (for actual competioins as far as i understand, not RWYB) there are new rules requiring a lot more saftey stuff to be fitted to the car, things like bell housing blankets, drive shaft strops, requirement for std suspension etc.

Will TOTB fall into the RWYB type rules, or the ‘pro’ rules? Hopefully it will just be like RWYB.

Cheers,

Ben.

I can now confirm that Scoobyshootout and TOTB event entrants will qualify for Toyo championship status, which basically means we can supply Toyo888s and T1R’s to any paid up competitors at a special price direct from Toyo.

It’s likely also that prizes of Toyo tyres will be available to
competitors already running 888s or T1Rs

Anyone interested in a tyre price can email us on [email protected]

Many thanks
Dave Naxton

[quote]Dave,

Just a quick question.

For Road class drag this year (for actual competioins as far as i understand, not RWYB) there are new rules requiring a lot more saftey stuff to be fitted to the car, things like bell housing blankets, drive shaft strops, requirement for std suspension etc.

Will TOTB fall into the RWYB type rules, or the ‘pro’ rules? Hopefully it will just be like RWYB.

Cheers,

Ben.[/quote]

Hi Ben,

Only stuff they are implementing is a roll cage rule for sub 9.5s cars, otherwise it will be rwyb based. 2 seats, working lights, wipers, horn, taxed tested and insured etc

Dave :wink:

Excellent news Dave, no strops or bell housing blankets is a result!

Cheers,

Ben

Ok chaps we need to start building up a team for this event.

The cut off date is the 2nd July.

[quote]Ok chaps we need to start building up a team for this event.

The cut off date is the 2nd July.[/quote]

dave - do we have to have a sub 12 second time for this year or will last season do

mike

dave - you wont get a team built if you dont reply to people’s posts :?
we obviously still have a problem between us - so count me out - i have holls to arrange ect - so good luck to the gto totb team

all the best mike

[quote]

dave - you wont get a team built if you dont reply to people’s posts :?
we obviously still have a problem between us - so count me out - i have holls to arrange ect - so good luck to the gto totb team

all the best mike[/quote]

I didn’t know mate so i was waiting for a reply from the organiser.

They are not as quick at replying as you are chasing up.

Shame you have dropped out.

Dave

yes i bet you are dave

mike

[quote]

yes i bet you are dave

mike[/quote]

PM sent

dave - do we have to have a sub 12 second time for this year or will last season do

mike

[quote]dave - do we have to have a sub 12 second time for this year or will last season do

mike[/quote]

I don’t know :lol:

Please email [email protected] and ask them.

They have been discussing a sub 12s time but i am unsure if it is set in stone.

Here is the TOTB post on the 200+ site.

http://the200plusclub.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=61

Dave

thanx dave :wink: - sorry :oops:

mike

Mike, Let me know what the answer is!

sent totb an email - will let you know mark

mike

got this reply from chris
sounds as tho he might be a bit flexable with the 12 sec rule

[quote]hi mike
ideally sub 12s for 4wd and a time from last season would count as long as car is still same spec or better
rgds

Chris Mann
200 Plus Club-The Performance Car Club
www.200plusclub.com
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/200plus
www.totb.co.uk Ten-of-The-Best!!![/quote]

mike

From memory, on the application form they just want to know what class, name address etc.

The actually ‘how fast is it’ stuff comes on the later form that comes with your tickets etc.

Cheers,

Ben.

This years team.

1. Ben H (PAID)
  2. Ben H (Mitsubishi VR4 Legnum)

Three places still available

Invites have been sent out to some of you, so please reply if your interested or not.

Anyone else out there running low sub 12 quarters on the strip.

Regards
Dave