Scottish Convoy to JAE

yea have a good time guys and a safe all round trip,and get some good pics on the way.would be good to see a row of gto’s filling up at the shell garage :lol:
getting my car ready for the next show,blinging engine just now. 8)

scott

[quote]yea have a good time guys and a safe all round trip,and get some good pics on the way.would be good to see a row of gto’s filling up at the shell garage :lol:
getting my car ready for the next show,blinging engine just now. 8)

scott[/quote]

Cheers guy’s,

I’ll try and keep an eye on Mark and Andy to make sure they’re not sniffing too many exhausts!!! :lol:

Ewan

Time is pressing on here - need to think of were I need to pick up the northern contingent. Route wise I know we a are running to Gretna for Mark :shock: so we can get married to our GTO’s! How does everyone feel about running A720, A702, M74, M6, A66, A1. Its the shortest route that matches the stops required…If everyone is ok with this then we can post up key points along the way for others to join up.

Sounds good to me Andy and thanks again guys for agreeing to go via Gretna…its the old romantic in me really!

That route is about the best and if we are not trying to overtake on every blind corner its a nice route for most of it too!

Sunday I am heading back to London area with the wife, she’s dropping me off in time for another hard weeks work and then shes driving back up a week later with her sister…so it’ll be a smaller convoy for you guys…

At least we have Ewan with us to increase numbers, Andy, you let us know wheres best for you and we’ll find you…although Ewan and I have not been the ultimate navigators up to this point!!!

I have a pretty good petrol camping stove with me, taking some extra food like bacon and eggs, frying pan etc…may need some assistance with crap on Sunday as hopefully I will have a new gearbox in the back if Rob turns up trumps!

Mark

Cool. Best bet is if you guys set sat nav for Hermiston Gait - it is a retail park just at the edge of Edinburgh at junction 1 of the M8. It’s sign posted from the A720 (Edin city bypass) and is on our route easily. And the A702 will give us a nice chance to amuse ourselves before we hit cruise control on the dual carriageways for the rest of the drive.

Will be a mobile auto-jumble on the way back. I’m most likely going to carrying a set of wheels unless I get an offer I can’t refuse on my 18’s! But will help anyway I can. I’ve got a couple of disposable bbq’s and old camping stove that’s coming with me. Not sure exactly what plans are for food on friday night with other members…just need to see when we get there!

One more thing - hopefully not tempting fate - I will have most my tools with me in the car just in case…!

Yep, I’ve packed a few tools, a gallon of coolant and will stick in a BBQ or two, lots of wine, beer and stuff! We’ll stick in a dozen rolls, burgers, sausages (gluten free of course for the wife), maybe some chicken legs etc so between us I dont think we’ll starve.
I haven’t sorted out a kilt yet…wil I be the odd one out if I dont get one?
Mark

Couldn’t find any decent cheap ones :frowning: so just going to go with a see you jimmy hat!

Pub on friday night sounds good on the other thread…! Btw - I will bring your tap and die set with me that you lent me the last time we got together.

Yes, probably just go with the flow and if the pub calls, who are we to argue…my wife mentioned that one of the campsites had a 10pm cerfew type thing going on…no noise, no drunken antics, no watering the daiseys etc…Thats no good!!!

Tap and dye set handover will be good, I haven’t needed it anyway up to now! I’ll try and remember to bring the ‘air cover’ this time!

Remember your Saltire, I will bring the others with me in case.

Looking forward to it!

Mark

Don’t worry - it’s in with the go kit that is slowly developing in the boot of my car. So far two tents, chair, sleeping bag, camping mat (althought might replace this with an airbed) etc…!

If your bringing an airbed, I’ve just bought a big double acting pump :smiley: that I can lend you. At least you don’t need to worry if it floods with an air bed :wink:

Chooch

Cool. Hadn’t though of the whole floaty thing! Would be handy using the pump if possible - means it don’t have to try quite as hard to find a bed with built in pump.

Edit - forgot to mention my go kit includes car wash stuff if any of you want a quick wash when we get there like me.

Slight change in plans. Make our meeting point the layby at the fife end of the Forth road bridge! Hope thats alright…!

Slight change in plans. Make our meeting point the layby at the fife end of the Forth road bridge! Hope thats alright…!

Thats okay with me as long as you have a good route across to the Gretna Outlet factory afterwards…

[quote]

Edit - forgot to mention my go kit includes car wash stuff if any of you want a quick wash when we get there like me.[/quote]

Yeh, was thinking my car would need a clean by the time we get there and who knows what weather we might encounter :lol: I was thinking that we could collectively visit a power wash at a garage on Friday night before we enter the show ground.

Does anyone have any idea if the show ground is a bit “wet” or not?

I for one would be grateful if I could borrow somethings to clean the car when we get there. Are you bringing your famous clay bars?

Ewan

Clay Bars…whats that then…can I have one, dont know why? I washed mine last week but it’ll need a good dohby by the time we get there!

wish i could go if only to have a wee sniff :lol:

Not got any right now - was going to get a kit with them tomorrow. If I do I will bring them along. I know Rob and other traders will probably have the products there if we need more. Plan is to wash, clay, clean and then wax. Will wash and maybe wax again down there.

This will explain all Mark www.meguiarseurope.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=cp&SrcCat=2 It’s the Quick Clay Detailing System. The 4 stages I’m doing leaves you with paint like glass!

Oh Maguires I remember now…you’ll have to sort that Marianus Trench in your passanger door then Andy

Mo you want a sniff of what mate…exhausts, have we got you hooked on that too…told you it was addictive…

I same a Lambo pull up outside this little cafe I was in in London this week, when he pulled away I made sure to have a good sniff…smelt ■■■■■■ crap…wont be buying one of them !!!