Scottish Convoy to JAE

Problems!

Ordered a hawaiian shirt on Friday (late I know) still not arrived.

Front left brake calliper siezed. I changed the seals and sliding bolts at the weekend, but when I took her for a drive just now she’s pulling to the left and is heating up the wheel much more than before. I doubt I’d get very far. :cry: looks like I need to do it again and change the pistons!

Can I take the Volvo and park in the public car park?

No!!! forget sleep and do that caliper…im back in Aberdeen at about 6.30pm let me know if you need help sorting it!

:shock: Hope you can get it sorted out in time! If it helps - if you need to skimp on sleep a bit to get it done then I can supply one or both of you with caffine loaded goodness at the bridge to keep you going…:wink: If not then is your volvo an estate? If it is then I might ask for a favour on the way back up. :wink:

Caliper issue aside - can I just double check what sort of time are you guys expecting to leave Aberdeen and when you will hit the bridge?

I’m off up to my mum’s tonight, so I won’t have much time to fix it… I’ll have a go at freeing it off, the brakes were too hot last night to attempt anything. Would I need a new seal kit if I have remove the piston again? :?

Volvo estate :shock: Get a grip man, how old do I look? - okay don’t answer that! It’s a new shape s40 And it can only take 1 x 18" Alloy in the boot! Looks like I need an estate :?

I think you will be okay with the same seals, maybe you have some binding going on with the pistons, a little wet and dry maybe sort it…

Assuming all is well, we are meeting at Asda in Portlethan at 9am (is that right Ewan) and we shoudl be with you at this end of the FRB at say 11?

I think there is a big layby on the southbound isnt there Andy, then we can follow you through the town or bypass route!

9am confirmed :smiley:
I did use 1500 wet and dry when I had the seals out!
I’ll maybe try another piston out my duff set, if it doesn’t free off…

Yeah - there is a massive layby just before the bridge southbound I will wait in there for you guys from about 10.30. We need to make a slight de-tour into Edinburgh to make Scoob jealous! Then we can just wander on down the road. I was thinking just roll most the way on cruise control…that alright with everyone? Don’t plan on setting any land speed records - no rush.

Good luck with the caliper Ewan!

Well I finally made it home last night at 01.30am! What a great weekend and convoy :smiley: Myself, Ad087 (Andy) and Jerry_SC drove up north together to Newcastle, where Jerry made myself and Andy very welcome. I got the full lowdown on the supercharger conversion and Andy changed his wheels he got from t9od, which are very nice standard wheels.
Definetly a very good road trip and the GTO just ate up the miles with ease. I would say we picked the right car, right event and right club.

Many thanks to the comittee and other members for their help in making this event. Looking forward for the next one now :wink:

Ewan

P.S. Thanks again to J@mes for his active aero bar.

Glad you guys got back okay…we only had a 100 miles to drive and then it was a nice plush hotel and a relaxing bath!

Can’t wait to meet up again and discuss the JAE!!!

Maybe sort something out before the Chatterhault car show!

Mark

good to see all went well :smiley: and you guys had a great time .look forward to meeting up again and getting all the jae info :wink:

scott

glad to hear you guys all made there and back with no probs.

look forward to the next meet

ive just invested in a engine complete with turbos and all accessories for my upgrade process without having to take the car off the road , will be collecting on saturday .

ive still not got round to changing my timing belt and the rest of the service kit yet and my cars booked in next friday for a custom made exhaust , will take some pics and with a kick up my ar-e i might get round to the belt that weekend as well.

john

not seen any mk2 bonnets on your travels john :?

scott

[quote]not seen any mk2 bonnets on your travels john :?

scott[/quote]

hi scott

afraid not

but if i do i’ll give you a shout

john