Sky Insurance

[quote]Ok gonna ring these in a min , but first a quick question at the moment i paying 580 tpft with the insurance factory and no mods declared ,

Thanks Aston[/quote]

so, you are actually driving illegally, as you have no insurance.

well sorta , but when i took the insurance out i didnt know i had these extras :oops: coz i didnt know anything much about the cars ,

Any way just spoke to scott at skyline nice bloke very helpfull , couldnt give me a price so he gonna ring me monday with a price

Lets wait and see what happens

Aston

I just gave Sky Insurance a call and I also spoke to Scott. He had to go away and come abck with a price, but he came back with £894 fully comp on my TT. I’m currently with Admiral, and it’s just over £1000, so they came up trumps! That’s age 22 with 2 years NCB, one fault accident 3 years ago where I wrote off an RS-Turbo on black ice, car kept in Fareham, garaged overnight, and Cat1 Alarm/Immobiliser.

Scott was very helpful, polite, the works, plus that price is with legal cover, courtesy car, windscreen cover, everything. When I come to renew it’s got to be with Sky.

Thanks to Mark for looking in to this - Sky should save this club a fortune, I recommend they are GTO UK’s chosen club :smiley: . Also, Scott said that their underwriters that do the insurance for Jap car clubs tend to not care whether it’s a Jap car or UK car.

Funnily enough I said someone on the forum had already mentioned Scott was very helpful, and he turned round and said Ah yes that’ll be Aston, right away.

Note: I told Admiral mine was a Japanese model but they didn’t have it on their system for my year of manufacture, so insured it as a UK one! This is partly because my log book says 3000GTO, so I didn’t try to swindle Admiral. Admiral said UK ones are half the price but insured it as a UK one anyway :? , so Sky really are very much cheaper. For a Jap model it’d have been more like £2000 with Admiral.

I won’t be insuring my car until the end of April, but I know who to call when I do.

Adam

Right, i rang them just now, they offered me £1056 FC for the year, thats with £450 XS.

me, 21, no accidents, 3 points,
her, 21, no accidents or points

1994 3000GT TT

its only £100 cheaper than what i pay at the minute, so i wont be cancelling just yet - will loose this years NCB if i did. i will be ringing them in March when my insurance is due. they have saved the quote for me.

Mark, thanks for introducing this company to us, by the looks of it they will be getting alot of business from GTOUK members from now on!

James

insurance factory are tossers, they screwed me over good and proper last year, i gave them all the info about my convictions and that is was an import. So I paided the deposit…comes back with all the wrong details on the form saying it was a 3000GT and a minor SP30 when i had a ban on my licence. So they re-amend the insurrance and say I owe them £800!!! Canceled straight away.

Took me ages to get my deposit back and even then it wasnt the full amount…and there customer service sucked, took them ages to call me back when they said they would.

phoned tonight, 45 year old male, full licence more than 10 years

Fully comp
Me only driver
6000mls a year
protected no claims
3 points speeding motorway
Garaged overnight
Mods declared
350.00 excess
£421.00 for the year
Thats better than £751.00 through Tesco’s which i am paying now.
Robert.
Heritage can do it for £451.00 for the year.

Scott rang me back today not a bad quote

£700 full comp protected ncb 350 excess like for like replacment agredd value 5k

i am 28
9 years ncb
off road parking
Cat 1 alarm
all mods listed
4 points for speeding

thats the same as insurance factory but i didnt tell them about my mods so sky works out cheaper

Aston

Rang Sky today. My present issurance is 10 x payments of £71.15 a month, plus I swapped over from my old insurance wich I paid to them (about £50 or £60)

Alloy wheels declared as only mod. 9yrs NCD protected. £500 excess.

Sky quoted me £561 with a smaller £300 claims excess. I think this is a great quote and may even be worth my while cancelling my DD payments and swapping insurance, if I can find the wad to pay it in one go now. :shock: Even getting a monthly loan for another year insurance may be worth it. :roll:

Dee.

:shock: :shock: :shock: £842.34 F/C
Excess £350.00
Age 33
9 years No claims
cat 1 alarm / imm
Driveway parked
10,000 miles per year
No convictions
Took 28 mins on phone to get the answer ! :evil:
Ermmm no thanks its over £200 dearer than current insurer .
Thanks anyway .

Talked to Jay today, He quoted me 381 quid fully comp, 200 excess, 60 glass, Like for like replacement, Cat 1 alarm, Garaged.
Declared Mods, K&N Induction, Dump valve, Tinted windows.
Recently recieved my renewal from my present insurer AON 600 quid!!
Definately going for this one :lol: . Thanx Mark.

Shaun

I spoke to Jay aswell:
Age 50
full NCD
Declared mods Dump Vv
Alloy wheels £1500
turbo timer
ICE computer
Agreed value costs £35 to replace car valued at £6000

Actual saving due to being a member of GTOUK = £89 on a normal quote.

£250 excess
£60 Glass

[size=18] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: £361 :smiley: :smiley: :D[/size]

Also covered my toyota estima 2.2lt 7 seats :smiley:

cost £306
with mirrored Full NCD :smiley:

Well happy

No sad or angry smilies here

Finally got round to checking these guys out for Steve’s insurance.

1991 TT
9 Yrs No Claims Bonus (protected)
Age 46
No Claims - couple of SP30’s
No Alarm just Thatcham 2 Immobiliser

Fully Comp + 1 driver
£250 Excess
£60 Excess Glass

[size=18]£391.00[/size] :smiley: :smiley:

Currently paying…wait for it…

[size=18]£980.00[/size] :shock: :shock:

Extremely pleased with this as you can imagine, thanks for the tip.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tracie & Stevie

Look to be lots of happy GTO owners!! I’ll be calling in the next few days…

Tim

Just took a quote from Sky today, 1661 quid for 3PFT on my GTO TT with all mods declared, 22 driving 2 years 9 months and 2 years NCB.

Thats brilliant as far as im concerned cos Adrian Flux wanted 2400 for the renewal.

Well phone today as mine is due soon,

a quote for £781 from sky and £535 from Admrial

just show no one supplier is best for everyone

Simon

£466 for me-Keith Michael £400 for a very similar package.

J

called them today:-

male 34
1993 tt
cat 1 alarm/immobiliser
protected ncd
fully comp inc commuting

£591

this mite sound shocking but it is VERY cheap compared to what i was qouted before lol

20 male
6 points (due to no insurance before hand)
plenty of mods

previous qoute 1 £17,000 (forgot the company name)
previous qoute 2 £4,900 (DNA in max power magazine)
previous qoute 3 £4,500 (Hyperfromance in max power magazine)
Sky qoute £3,900

lol i’m going to call Hyperformance and try and get a lower qoute and then call sky back :stuck_out_tongue:

can we get this stickied? it was VERY useful and i shud imagine it will be very useful to other new gto owners

Just got off the phone with Jay from Sky insurrance…

Fully Comp - £776

25 Years old
4 Years no claims
Garaged - Cat2 imobilzer LN5 - Cheap postcode
SP30 - 3 Points
SP50 - 4 Month Ban

MK1 - Non-Turbo - Standard