The Cheapest insurance ever!

wow this post seems to hold a lot of interest he he by the way i had 3 point on my licence for speeding and needed a cat1 alrm/imoboliser to insure my car…want to buy a TT next so im lookin for insurance quotes. :smiley:

Dont forget, your Post code plays a big part in your quote.
Thankfully I’m in a low risk area and with Liv & Vic I’m paying £405 fully comp, me and the wife, all mods declared, no limit on mileage nor did they require security device’s i.e. cat 1 alarm / immobiliser etc (again probably due to post code).
However to get this quote I increased my excess to £500 and I’m 42 years young.

GTO TT

ORCA.

Jesus…am I living in Baghdad or something, without knowing it!!!

28, 7yrs NCB, no points, 15,000miles/year, protected, plus cover for business use…set me back £1450!!! And was the cheapest quote…when I could acutally get one!!! :evil:

Tried all the Footman James’s, Frizells’s and other recommended places, and they either didn’t want to know or wanted even more. :evil:

Not the most chuffed of bunnies here…

Mark

I renewed my insurance back in February with Direct Line

At the time i was 27 with 5 years no claims and no points on my licence.

The car is an import TT with no mods listed, cat 1 alarm and tracker as stipulated by D line.

The policy has my other half on also and an average yearly milage allowance all for £ 742, this was the quite cheap i thought considering the ABI rating of these cars.

Craig

[quote]I renewed my insurance back in February with Direct Line

At the time i was 27 with 5 years no claims and no points on my licence.

The car is an import TT with no mods listed, cat 1 alarm and tracker as stipulated by D line.

The policy has my other half on also and an average yearly milage allowance all for £ 742, this was the quite cheap i thought considering the ABI rating of these cars.

Craig[/quote]

I only pay £250 for third party insurance. Now thats a bargain.

Dave

:shock: you only insure you car 3rd party :shock:

Ben

[quote]:shock: you only insure you car 3rd party :shock:

Ben[/quote]

Yep as it’s only an old banger…lol

26, 9yrs NCB, 3points 1999, 3points 2000
92 TT Import
10k miles
All mods declared (DeCat, k&n, uprated fuelpump)
25bhp Nitrous
Third party only (ive paid fully comp for too long, if i bend it then i’ll live with it)
Adrian Flux: £933

(Dont need trackre for theft, telling me after installing tracker. Grrr)

Dave.

With the insurance rebate now the cars off the road i bought and insured the runabout i am using now.

Now that is a banger. :lol:

£622 UNLIMITED mileage, mods declared no probs. '93 TT
30 years of age, Colchester, Essex. Car Garaged when not in use. Clifford Thatcham approved alarm/immob.
LIVERPOOL & VICTORIA (Frizzel) :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

The Insurance: 1150 quid, fully comp. AON Thru Lifesure(policy turned up with Royal Sun Alliance on it!) Modern Classic Policy. 5000 miles a year

The Car: 3000GT Mark 2 . 1999. ALL mods declared. Garaged. Thatcham Category 1 Alarm and immobiliser.

The Pilot: CM3 Postcode. 35 years of age. No points. No NCB. No Accidents/Claims in the last 5 years. Missus insured to drive as well. Same details as me.

Did get some other quotes… but i wont burden you with them here.!!

lol

David

I’m am old git I know but at 57 my insurance for a 1990 Twin Turbo is £295 fully comp, protected no claims, unlimited milage. Company didn’t want to know about modifications and the car as a Cat 2 immobiliser. Liverpool Victoria.

[quote]Dave.

With the insurance rebate now the cars off the road i bought and insured the runabout i am using now.

Now that is a banger. :lol:[/quote]

I am currently in the same boat. As i’m driving around in my spare car which is a Peugeot 205 and it only has a 1 litre engine :cry:

All going well i should have my GTO back on the road this weekend. :smiley:

Dave

Adrian Flux I’m currently waiting on a reply, Elephant quoted me £933 Fully Comp, 4 yrs ncb, parked on the road at night, Croydon and I’m 26. Oh and its a 92 TT.
Admiral on a renewal was £1386.86 @ 10 mths. After clobbering me with £1500 last yr!

Just spoke to Normich Union - albeit after receiving a nice bright letter saying that they can make me smile for my insurance. Off I go to their website and they would not insure me call yada yada yada. Confirmed this when I spoke to them on the phone for a quote. Funny thing was that when I said it was a 3 litre she laughed at me as if I’m mad or summin’ !!

Now for me to tell them to take my details off of their database if they are gonna spam mail willy nilly and not even take me up on their offers. Thinks of poor tree’s being chopped for Insurance Companies and Financial Institutions spam mails

£331 Fully Comp with AON.
5000 miles limited Policy.
£420 with the N/A on there as well.
Marty

detail, details, details …

Car - Mk2 3000GT TT
Age - 22
Price - £1300
NCD - 5yrs
Cover - FC
Company - Elephant
Requirements - none
Additional - Put me dad on as 2nd driver and it knocked £200 off
Mileage - 10K

think that’ll do lol

Mk1 GTO Import TT
Age 23
NCD 4 YRS
Full Comp
10000 miles
Wheels and Exhaust

£1980 Adrian Flux

Cat 1 alarm. no tracker. parked on the drive… 6 yrs NCD.

28 yrs

£ 890

bollington insurance motor trade policy. £378 tp £448 tpft £778 f/c.

you can drive any car. apart from yanks and over 7.5 tons… any person can drive the car so long as you are with them. (demonstration). you are not covered for rallies or races.policy covers business and recreation use only.