The Cheapest insurance ever!

1998 3000gt TT fully comp, 2 years no claims , 3 penalty points
£680 with Liverpool & Victoria (Frizzel)

mind you I am an old git…48
Chris

1991TT, Fully Comp, Male 43, 9 Years Protected NC, Tracker, Unlimited Milage, Garaged, 3 points, No Mods, Frizzells £680.00 Inc 180 days european cover!! :smiley: (Great for that last minute dash to paris!!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to follow up…
Tesco’s need a tracker or you’ll not be covered for theft.
Direct Line said they do not cover this car
Insurance Coropration said they didn’t cover the GTO either
Norwich Union Direct said only if the car was less than 10 years old
Peoples Choice Quoted me £1,479 FC
A Plan Quoted me £1,210 FC
My Renewal was £1,223 FC ( Through Chaucer)

Direct Line, Insurance Corp and Norwich Union Direct are bit worrying as obviously several of you have your insurance through these companies, i asked if it was because of my Manchester 21 post code but they said no, they just didn’t insure that car!!

Happy to pay Frizzells £680.00

Car 91 TT with all mods declared
Me 30
Licence 4 points and a chunky fine
NCB Full

3000 miles per year,

£948 Adrian Flux.

Cheers,

Ben.

Ok, Male 36 with 23 fiancé (nothing to do with the insurance quote but thought it worth mentioning :wink: ) and a '97 3000GT T/T with Thatcham 1
Had a spell with no motor so NO NCB!!
Went from Norwich union at £2500 (I’m not joking!) to a few others circa £1400 (damned NCB!) until I managed to get a quality quote from Admiral of all people for £830!!

That’s a 3000GT Twin Turbo with zero no claims discount for only £830!

Granted I’m an old fart but still!

:lol:

[quote]Ok, Male 36 with 23 fiancé (nothing to do with the insurance quote but thought it worth mentioning :wink: ) and a '97 3000GT T/T with Thatcham 1
Had a spell with no motor so NO NCB!!
Went from Norwich union at £2500 (I’m not joking!) to a few others circa £1400 (damned NCB!) until I managed to get a quality quote from Admiral of all people for £830!!

That’s a 3000GT Twin Turbo with zero no claims discount for only £830!

Granted I’m an old fart but still!

:lol:[/quote]

Thats cheap as chips…where are you living ? Bournmouth? 43 Year old male granted I’m an even older fart, but hey! with 25 year old babe (Nothing to do with insurance just thought I’d mention it) :slight_smile: 8) :smiley:

This is a minefield…how the heck do the insurers / brokers work their prices out?? I mean we’ve got “Murphyprecht” with a quote of £830.00 from Admiral with no no claims discount (does that mean he’d have been quoted £375.00 or thereabouts with a full no claims discount?)

Other owners with full discount are struggling to keep it under a grand!

There doesn’t seem to be any logic in these quotes at all. Unless of course it’s the old pick a number between 1 and 10…then add… :?

Spedley thanks for the table it’s all so very interesting…can we have a post code section as well??..cheeky i know…but if you don’t ask…!!
Cheers

SPEDLEY just to update mate for next time you adjust the listing… Ive got Full NCB

Hi CockneyPlayboy

Could i ask did you get free business use and 180 days european cover as well?

Cheers

Lol Jonah, Glasgow mate. 8)

Sorry Spedley should have said mate, that’s FC and 10k

Thanks mate!

M21 Postcode
Needed a CAT1 as well

Thanks!

1992 tt gto £629 fully comp, 3 pts for speeding,9 yrs ncd, protected ncd thru direct line (cat 1 or immobiliser req)

I’ve just re-insured with Lifesure (www.lifesure.co.uk/).
My MKII TT is insured as my second car so I’m having to build the
no-claims up on this policy, however, they treat them as a “Modern Classic”. Fully Comp this year is £550 (40Yrs Old!) don’t know if there’s a
minimum age limit. Only requirement is, must have a Cat-1 Alarm fitted
Give them a try!

Jonah,
Someone at Direct line is misinformed or telling porkies.
As from the end of August I’m insured with them. Same tracker list as Tesco!
Fully comp., me (58 - I claim any prize going for being the oldest GTO owner) and my wife, protected (7 years) NCD and legal insurence for £464 for a newly imported '93 TT - no mods declared, but as far as I am aware it doesn’t have any - though I could be wrong!
P.S. Saga don’t insure ‘grey’ imports (only grey haired people).
Rob

mk 1 tt 7 years no claims fully comp protected no claims £644 from privelage
i am 32 the car is standard apart from exhaust

:? £1114.04 lump or £1192 monthly

With Tesco, Aged 24, 5Years Protected No Claim, Max 10k mileage

Had to have Tracker installed

Actually got Active Rac Tracker and autowatch cat 1 alarm/immob

Next time the chart is posted any chance of sorted by age so we can view the most relevant easier?

last year was £1400 with 4years ncb protected at 23

Many thanks Adrian

To update my file, I have full NCB and had to have a Tracker and Cat 1 installed. Had quite a few mods which pushed it up.

I thought it was in age order (after car order, you can’t compare a Mk1 N/A to a Mk2 TT)

I had a quote of £845 from Osborne and sons
I have 4 yrs ncd
1 claim for theft of a car
3 points for speeding
1 non fault accident
the car is standard apart from 17" alloys and an uprated exhaust.
I have also just had a thatcham approved clifford G5 alarm fitted.
That is the best quote i had after ringing hundreds of companies alot were around the £1200 mark and wanted a tracker.
Plus I also get 6 months free subscription to Japanese performance magazine BONUS!! :smiley: