Adrian rip off Flux!

Just had a quote from these jokers of £800 !! As the vehicle im looking at is my 3rd car ,limited mileage ,they must be mad.
Anyone have any suggestions for insurance?
Cheers
Mick

I should perhaps explain something here…
We found a company that saved GTOUK members a fortune in insurance, however this got abused by non paying members, one really took the ## so other than what you can see there will little help in the insurance catagories. One of the many perks to full membership, would be good to see you back here :+1:
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave,
I am still a member even though I had to sell my previous GTO. Now circumstances permit me to buy another so I am looking around for one.
However after speaking to Adrian Flux,I was shocked at the premium quoted,and the guy was way too pushy for my liking. Previousley I had my GTO with Footman James at a cost of £250 ,but they no longer insure the cars.
So if you have any ideas ,please let me know.
Cheers

Mick

1 Like

Your membership unfortunately lapsed in April 17 club membership is here bud.

Dave

hi dave,
can you double check this as i was charged twice for renewal of membership, and was credited the 2nd amount back.
i can still access the club forums etc.
cheers
mick

1 Like

I can only apologise for the previous secretary’s mistakes, I will correct this now and will speak with Simon to offer you a discount on next year’s subscription, you have missed 6 month’s of full access and membership to the forum.
On it now Dave

2 Likes

You are now full member again sorry I will find you a link to the insurance post.

http://forum.gto.club/t/insurance-for-my-gto/74109
And here most importantly is Rh
http://forum.gto.club/t/trying-to-get-insurance/69950/122

1 Like

Hi Dave,
Sorry to cause confusion ,dont worry about a discount, I am happy to pay £20 all day long my friend. Its the least we can do.
I have had a quote from RH insurance of £399 agreed value,but car has to be garaged to include theft cover . I have a garage but its a mile away from my house…but its the cheapest by a long way so far.
Cheers

Mick

4 Likes

Why are they wanting it garaged now? It was just in the drive previously!
I don’t tend to not worry about theft you would have to be armed with an angle grinder to get mine off the drive :joy:
Glad to help, that’s not bad for agreed value, can I ask what you’ve bought and had valued at?
Cheers Dave… And PICTURES! :joy:

1 Like

I havent bought it yet. I have put an offer in at £7k ,its a 1999 3000GT. I am looking at acouple of others as well. I do miss my GTO. I have a BMW 325ci Conv and a Ford Probe 24v,and whilst I love both cars they do not compare to a GTO/GT.

This was mine, unfortunately the guy who bought it wrote it off, or should i say some idiot woman driver did !
I want a top example ,one that has been looked after and is ready to go !

2 Likes

I was looking at a red mark 1 that was owned by a member on here that had the lambo style doors on it,but just missed out as finance wasnt in place in time…looked like an amzing car .

1 Like

Lol yes lots of us were in ore of that… myself included a real bargain that.

i would have paid his asking price as well at £5500. Just couldnt sort things in time !

1 Like

I see now why the insurance is higher your looking at a much newer more valuable to the insurance world gto… I take it rh won’t insure that as a classic car? So that’s pritty good tbh.
Dave

well the blue car cost me £4500 back in 2015, and I sold her for £6000 in may 2017. I know the cars are going up in value,and to buy a project car is not for me. I also know that a good car will cost as much or more than the one I sold. Its just a case of finding one that suits me. As for the insurance ,its horses for courses,as always,and I have had some horrendous quotes. But thats the way it is, best I have had is £340 on 5000 miles with a garage.
I work in insurance but unfortunately we only do Taxis !
One of the reasons for the increase in premiums is that the GTO/GT has attracted some wrong sorts if you get my drift.
The bottom line is you have 2 choices ,you either pay the premiums or you dont.
They are a hell of a car,in lots of ways, but that doesnt mean you have to rag them to death…as usually there is only 1 result.
I have respect for my cars,and with all the cameras around these days,you have to be careful.
When I fisrt drove my blue GTO, I genuinely had that wow factor and not for the speed alone…so I am looking forward to having another.

8 Likes

There is a red mark 2 3000GT on here that is a steal. Def worth checking out

1 Like

i know the feeling im the same when had one before and am looking at getting one again soon just need few more pay days before i get one again :slight_smile:
and like james said there a few good ones for sale on here :slight_smile: thats why im here lol

2 Likes

Mick, I’ve just renewed my mk1 GTO with Adrian Flux for £325. It’s got some modification to it which was taken into account. It’s the cheapest I could find. You have to ring them for the best prices though, which I did.

2 Likes

Hi John,

I did ring Adrian Flux and they quoted me £800 ! I mentioned the owners club. They blamed the value of the car £8k and the postcode,LS28 6DQ,which is Leeds.
If I do buy the car I will try them again.
Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Mick