SATURDAY 4thMAY 2019
Nene Whitewater Centre
NN4 7AA

JAPFEST SILVERSTONE
SUNDAY 5th MAY
TOWCESTER
NN12 8TN

Welcome Members,

Hopefully you’ve all enjoyed another fantastic year with GTOUK, whether that be at meets, forum, seeking help to keep your beast on the road, or, all of the above :-).
But sadly with only one more Club meet on the Calendar - the Christmas Bash, we are looking towards the first event of the new Membership Year, the GTO Annual General Meeting.
This years AGM/SILVERSTONE weekend was a great success, so we thought we would do the same again.

Q. “So What is the AGM all about?”

A. In short, it’s all about YOU, the Members, and the way the Club is operated.

The Club is operated by Rules of a Constitution, rules not only imposed on Members, but on the Committee too, so for that reason, the GTOUK Committee need to answer to YOU each year regarding how we spend your subscription money, money generated elsewhere and the decisions we make behind the scenes.

Being on the Committee is a job, at times a very tedious one, but every year at the AGM, the Committee have to ‘stand down’ and be voted back on by YOU the Members, having proved their worth over the last 12 months to be there and run your Club, it’s not a God given right.

All Members will receive a postal invite to the AGM, but also within that will be a welcome for you to be on the Committee, so if you think you can help in any way and give that commitment to GTOUK in whatever format, send in your Nomination form.

So… the 3 main things which happen at the AGM are:-

1.Your Treasurer - Simon - explains how funds have been spent in the previous year.

2 You choose, and vote in the new Committee who you want to take the Club forward for the next 12 months.

3.The Committee listens to YOU, ideas, questions, requests, grievances, ways you may be able to help. So don’t feel nervous to stick your hand up and ask/say/suggest, it’s actually quite disappointing if we get to this stage and ‘silence’ falls upon the room.

THIS IS YOUR TIME, TO HAVE YOUR SAY.

This part - the AGM - takes about 1.0 – 1.5 hrs, after that, we go out for food, drink and have non-intellectual conversation
AGM Start Time - 1pm sharp, meet if you like for a natter & drink at 12 Noon.

VENUE.
Nene Whitewater Centre
Bedford Road
Northampton
NN4 7AA

http://www.nenewhitewatercentre.co.uk/ww/

IMG_3576-1-e1516618090780

HOTEL FOR MEMBERS STAYING OVERNIGHT

The club has provisionally booked 15 rooms at the same hotel used last year. The hotel is the other side of the road from where we are holding the AGM.
Rooms are £68.00 inc admin charge
This was well located for the AGM and then Silverstone the next day.
Any members not staying overnight but would like to convoy to the event could meet here in the morning.

holiday inn

details here

Bedford Road
Northampton, NN4 7YF
Room Prices :-
Double without Breakfast - the first 15 Rooms are £68.00 inc admin charge through the club shop
Link below to book room
https://www.gto.club/product/gtouk-annual-general-meeting-2019/

Catch up and Dinner

britannia-1

I will book everyone in before the event

Date - Sunday 5th May 2018

japfest 2018

TO BOOK TICKETS

1. Click the link here http://www.japfest.co.uk/club-tickets
  2. Select GTOUK and enter our password 122.136
  3. You will receive a confirmation email.
  4. Tickets and passes will be sent no later than 2 days before the event. THESE MUST BE PRINTED AND BROUGHT WITH YOU ON THE DAY FOR SCANNING ON ENTRY.
    Deadline to book tickets is 12 Noon Monday 8th April 20019
    Day and weekend tickets available.

As always any issues with booking tickets ect, send us a message and we will help out

Club bookings are subject to space availability and we reserve the right to close entry before the closing date. DO NOT purchase public tickets for a club stand, as these will not be valid.

Visitor Info
Europe’s biggest Japanese car show is back at Silverstone Circuit for 2018. Experience non-stop high speed performance Japanese track action including spectacular drifting displays, a huge retail village and over 4,000 of Europe’s best Japanese cars on display from the UK thriving club scene. Firmly established as Europe’s biggest Japanese car show, Japfest is the premier event for the serious enthusiast with edge-of-the-seat track action all day; this show never ceases to amaze…
Show Opening Times
Club Entry From 7.00am

The committee would like to thank all of you Members for being part of the GTOUK family, you don’t need to be a frequent poster on the Forum or even to go to meets to enjoy it, everyone is different and has different commitments, but we know you are here… enough said.

Here’s to a great GTOUK 2019.

The Committee

6 Likes

Please add your name as you book for japfest.
And please add your name for AGM so we can get an idea of numbers.

1.Jensen AGM japfest paid

1 Like

Please add your name as you book for japfest.
And please add your name for AGM so we can get an idea of numbers.

1.Jensen AGM + Japfest Paid
2. Steve & Tracie AGM + Japfest Paid

2 Likes

Don’t forget to add names please guys.
It helps us get an idea of numbers so we know what size meeting room to book for the agm venue.

1 Like

3. Dave Anna + Japfest paid
4. Simon Baker + Japfest paid

2 Likes

5. James Jones AGM + Japfest Paid

1 Like

Hotel booked through Club Shop :grin:

Tracie

1 Like

5. James Jones AGM + Japfest Paid
6.Dave soper/one +Japfest Paid.

1 Like

@Tracie.sorry can’t make the AGM would of been good to have a beer with you all but just can’t get the cover at work for the Saturday. But looking forward to the sunday .:+1:

1 Like

No worries Dave we all have commitments outside of the Club, look forward to seeing you at Japfest.

Tracie

1 Like

Remember this is your opportunity to have your say and be listened to by the Committee for any ideas or thoughts you have regarding GTOUK.

With a great social aspect to it too afterwards, nice meal and a drink chewing the fat.

Organising these things is always more difficult if everyone leaves it till last minute to comit so if you know you are coming please let us know sooner rather than later. @just_cool cough cough :rofl:

Thanks.

Tracie

Want some medicine for that @Tracie :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shouldn’t think there’s a problem :astonished:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Add me and Soph for the Agm and evening but not Silverstone please :grin:

3 Likes

Don’t forget peeps, there is only 2 weeks left to buy your tickets for Japfest at Silverstone.

HERE

Select GTOUK and enter our password 122.136

Tracie

2 Likes

CLUB BOOKING DEADLINE
08 APRIL

Europe’s biggest Japanese car show is back at Silverstone Circuit for 2019 and there is no better way to experience this non-stop high-octane show than as part of a club display.

If you or your cub members haven’t yet booked your tickets then be quick, because the booking deadline is just TWO WEEKS AWAY, so don’t miss out!

CLUB SHOW TICKET PRICES
All advanced admission includes show entry ticket, souvenir showguide and FREE Japfest SnapBack cap.
Adult Day Ticket – £25

SHOW ADD-ON’S
Camping Pass Add-On:
Adult Advance: £12 (per person, per night)

Adult on the Gate: £18 (per person, per night)

Track Time: £35 - £45 (cost dependent on time)

Sprint Test: 3 runs: £10 Unlimited runs: £20

FREE entry for up to two children aged 14 and under when accompanied by a paying adult. Additional children £5 each.

All bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee.
ENTRY
Club Entry Times On Sunday: From 7am

CAMPING OPENING TIMES
Saturday access for camping is from 12.00pm, last entry for camping is 10.00pm.

CLUB BENEFITS
FREE Japfest SnapBack cap
Beat the traffic with access to the show hours before the public
Club passes providing exclusive access to display your car
BOOK TICKETS

1 Like

Didnt get chance to bring my car to japfest last year but being there and seeing all of yours on show tells me i need to bring it this year :joy: so i will be booking tickets for this on friday :grin:. I dont think i can make the AGM though because of work.

3 Likes

Won’t be able to make this as my wife and I are going away on the 6th, will try to make another meet though

2 Likes

Have paid for the Hotel and for Japfest. See, did it without @Tracie getting too much on my case.

Now to let Vera know I wont be around for the weekend :astonished::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Saw it on email and said to Steve “Oh my god Terry has booked the hotel and I haven’t had to remind him 3 times” :grin::grin::grin: :kissing_heart:

Tracie

2 Likes

I know, its good ennit :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes