AGM 2019/JAPFEST SILVERSTONE SATURDAY 4th MAY & SUNDAY 5th MAY 2019 TOWCESTER

@3000gt Simon that’s just reminded me can you bring the thermos water things again as I still have tea / coffee stuff so we can do some drinks at japfest.

James

Only have one I think

I have a club stand ticket available at half price if anyone is interested.
Still waiting on parts so have no car for the stand.

What a nightmare, you must be gutted Jensen and a loss to the Club if it’s not there, it’s a real crowd puller.

Tracie

3 Likes

Hi Jenson,

If you want to come into the show with me you can.

James

1 Like

Hi Jensen,

I’d be interested in the club stand ticket, didnt know if I could make it until the deadline had passed, so I was a bit gutted about missing out. Definitely can’t make AGM as I’m in London on the 4th, but can make it on 5th. Sorry that your car can’t make it, hopefully you can still make it tho.

Cheers

Mick

3 Likes

I will ring the organisers and get it transferred for you mate.
Can you pm me your reg please Mick
Jensen

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer mate but going to give this one a miss and do a family day.
Hope you all have a good time though.

4 Likes

Hi Jensen,

very much appreciated, thank you. I’ve PM’d you my Reg (I think, I’m not brilliant with computers!) let me know if you dont get it :slight_smile:

Cheers and regards

Mick

2 Likes

Been a bit stressful to be honest Tracie.
Had planned to have the car ready for car season, but not worked out.
Taken quite a big hit financially as well so that’s not helped.
Paid for garage space a month in advance, transported parts down and then the car.
Had to pull out of there and bring everything back to the house.
Cars part stripped on the drive and have had a gazebo in the kids front garden space since full of parts.
That with the event/club stand tickets I have purchased for this year has cost us around £600.
With kids holidays and family arrangements I just don’t know if the car will see the road again this year.
Sometimes it’s best to pack it all up and forget about it for a while rather than jump from plan to plan.
This is one of those times.

2 Likes

Got it mate.
I will let you know when it’s sorted with organisers.

1 Like

Gutted for you Jensen , know all too well about having cars off road waiting for bits , thankfully I never got tied into holding up ramps , seriously frustrating and disappointing in this day and age

My RR Split it’s p/steering hose on holiday I eventually managed to find the part number and order it via a company , spoke to them and it will be here early next week , of that I’ve no doubt either .

All I can say mate as gutting as it is if you can , still go to some meets , it’s the people not the car .

Shambolic really though in our scene how difficult it is to get parts in a reasonable time frame , one thing I don’t miss at all

3 Likes

If you have the parts to repair/restore when the car is off the road, then your mindset is focused positively. Getting stuck in, counting down the hours/days. You have an end date.

An opposite effect can happen when in your situation Jensen, especially when you have a loss of money to that degree, where as you say ■■■■ it, leading to loss of interest and the longer it goes on the worse the feeling gets. (Hope you don’t go down this route)

I’m guessing here the parts are coming from the same place. Ring the supplier bud and explain your predicament. (that is, if you haven’t already)

Hope you get this sorted buddy

Steve

5 Likes

Absolutely gutted for you mate, if there was a way I could help I would, I have my own gremlins to sort too. My way was to say ■■■■ it, I’m going to meets no matter what, the car will get done when it gets done, I’m going to get a season out of it no matter what, so now I’m building a garage.
Chin up mate, I know the effect this can have, soldier through it, there are loads of us who are rooting for you.

Terry :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Just a thought @jensen360 , what bits are you waiting for mate and where from , might be that some people have some of the bits needed for future projects that would happily push your way until your bits turn up and you can send them onwards ,

There’s plenty of projects on hold at the moment , I’m sure some folks would do that to get you back up and out there seeing as you have been let down massively .

I know for sure I would if I had the bits lying about

Knock a list up bud

9 Likes

Im not going to be able to make this now. Have to work saturday. :disappointed_relieved:

Have fun

Paul

1 Like

Anybody else planning on going to the AGM ?

Your club your vote , chance to give feedback on how the club is run or how you would like it run .

It’s the worst proposed turnout I’ve seen in years , infact @3000gt reckon you had more than that with your founders meeting all them years back :disappointed:

Might seem hypocritical me saying go when I’m not , which is a fair point but I’ve been to loads of meets and AGM’s over the years so am having a rest , I also understand the guys who have work commitments but they have been to many of them too , there’s a lot of members here who have never been so show your support if you can

I will be under the oily side of a Range Rover anyway the weekend :joy:

5 Likes

Well said tho I must admit I’m no one to talk either, as not doing Japfest.
I really can’t drive 2.5/3 hrs to a meeting, I never know what’s going to kick off here, we currently can’t leave my youngest or oldest due to medical issues.

Thing’s change, but I don’t see why this has happened tbh other than regular members have gone AWOL.

Thing’s move on, new members should embrace the club’s “fun” side because it’s definitely been that over the years.

As JAE has moved again I can see everyone’s problems there… Norwich is out on a limb… if I wanted to go to most meets it was 2.5 hrs + mostly… but I did it because I know how good UK can be.

Gtouk ain’t just about a £20 fix… You get out what you put in… if it continues as Simon said, how long can it last.

I sincerely hope this changes in the near future to justify the club’s expenditure throughout the year.

Disappointed, but no room to talk really.

@jensen360 you do what is needed, life’s about making choices, looking after family and fun.

Dave

4 Likes

I suppose you could interpret the low attendance being Members are happy with the way the Club is being run and have no gripes or alternative suggestions to make and are confident in the current Committee/it’s decisions, which is complementary, but, as the Club Constitution states it must hold an AGM it would have been nice if the Committee had a larger audience to deliver it to.

The attendance this year is pretty diabolical, but it is what it is, Committee members are obligated to attend, Minutes have to be recorded, Club Accounts have to be presented, whatever the travelling distance is for the Committee members or whatever things they’d rather be doing :upside_down_face:

What the Club didn’t need to do though was spend money on a meeting room for the number attending but without a crystal ball we wouldn’t have known this when bookings were made.

As it stands at the moment, the votes on decisions of YOUR Club lies in the sole hands of @just_cool and @James3000GT so if that doesn’t pump up the attendees, nothing will :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Tracie

5 Likes

That will be £100 renewal fees and naked BBQ s at every meets then , god help us all , GTOUK MEMBERS YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU !!!

6 Likes