I've just bought a GTO

I finally own a GTO again.

When I was 16 I bought a silver H Plate N/A GTO for £250 with the plan of working on it and getting it running (My first car, a GTO). It had had a partial manual conversion and by the time university came around I, unfortunately, had to scrap it without ever hearing it fire up. One of my biggest life regrets.

Now in my final year of university, and having had a job for the last 11 months, I finally had some cash to reinvest in my dream car. I found a N/A GTO on FB Marketplace and bought it today.

I am very much looking forward to getting it home on Wednesday, giving it a full service, sticking it in for an MOT and seeing what work needs doing. Hopefully, she’ll be on the road soon and I look forward to meeting all of you in person.

8 Likes

Be nice to see a little more of this

Simon

2 Likes

Congratulations and good luck with your project.

1 Like

A warm welcome to the Club, Joe, and congratulations on your purchase. You will have plenty to get on with, but you have access to masses of information about these cars on here.
I also own an NA, and have done so now for nearly 16 years.
Have fun!

Mike

1 Like

That’s awesome. I had a similar experience with a BX 16v that my Mum wanted off the drive when I went to uni, still regret not getting it sorted. I haven’t seen one since. Good luck getting the new beast sorted!

1 Like

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Poj is on her way home

4 Likes

Welcome back.

Great story, read your old thread, you probably did the right thing at 16, continuing your education, getting a job and now on the last laps of Uni you are in a position again to follow your dream.

The passion clearly hasn’t gone away, so good luck with it and we are all here to help you with your journey, if you get a problem, don’t despair, we all still do after many years of ownership, but there isn’t much that the members on here can’t help with.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

Nice looking gto, look foward to seeing what you get up to with it