Old Newbie!

Hi Guys,

I just realised that I’ve never done an introduction on here. I don’t really class myself as a newbie, as I’ve been on the go since 2005. I did however let my membership lapse, but decided to go for the black friday offer! I currently have 2 GTO’s (in bits). I have a black and red one mostly standard and a blue one. When I joined here in 2005 I had a white GTO, which I later sold to fund the blue one. The blue one is a single turbo car, which I’ve taken to TOTB, but havn’t quite got as much as I’d like out of it. The red and black car was bought as a back up for when I was tinkering with the blue one, however it failed it’s MOT and I decided to do a full restoration. Both cars have basically sat untouched since 2005 as other things have taken priority. Lockdown has helped to slowly get back to them, however I still have a few other projects on the go higher up the priority list…:laughing: I will however jump back onto them as soon as I can.:+1:

Ewan

6 Likes

Hi mate , welcome back , glad to see you still have the blue beastie :sunglasses:

Craig :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi welcome back,nice to see your back
Jerry

1 Like

Hi @Chooch, as the others have said, welcome back.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome back Ewan and remember, You can check out anytime You like … :smiley:

2 Likes

You still running frankiesteins turbo on the blue one Ewan ?

1 Like

Hi and welcome. How about a few pics for those of us who don’t know your cars. Best of luck with the restro.
Enda

1 Like

Hi ewan long time no see , how are you doing

1 Like

Hi Craig,

Yeah and your Alloys and radiator (I think). I refurbished the alloys and put on some new rubber, still not turned a wheel!

Ewan

1 Like

Hi Craig,

I’m half way through converting from the Frankie manifold setup to an IPS manifold and GT40/42 turbo. Lets just say the kit isnt ideal!

Ewan

1 Like

Hi John,

Do you still have your GTO?

Ewan

Welcome back Chooch.
:+1::+1:

1 Like

Ha that rad , mate I had forgotten what a headache that was trying to get a courier to get it to you , did you buy the wheels off GTO Scott , loved them inovits

1 Like

Hi Ewan

Yep i still have it JUST it was left on a drive for over 6 years and turned into a rust bucket .

So i started to do a refurb but instead of just cutting and welding i decided to do a strip down of most every nut and bolt that was needed .

Heres a couple of the bad bits lol .

Went from this

Im at this stage right now

It was in a bad way to start , i thought about scrapping it at first but i decided to give myself a challenge.

8 Likes

That’s an impressive amount of work John, is it back on the road now?

Hi,

I’ll try and get some, looks like I’ll have to re-host them as Photobucket still wants some money!
There are still some old posts on here I did a nice Euro trip with Stafford and Allen a few years back Europe Meet 2011 (Picture heavy!)

Various pictures still in these posts:
https://forum.gto.club/t/new-toy/25948
https://forum.gto.club/t/mini-project/28517

P.S. I no longer have the white one, but have seen it pop up for sale in a poorer state…

Ewan

5 Likes

Brill pics, really like that blue car.
Enda

No yet Ewan, pics are what stage I’m at right now , only get to work on it at weekends unless I have to work some if them , I might get close to finishing nearer summertime.

I’ve managed to re-host some pictures, due to photbucket (grr).

Some of you will probably recognise all this, but for new people here we go…

Blue GTO with 15g’s and dejon intakes
Imgur

Blue GTO at Sumikaya paint shop
Imgur

True Dual exhaust off my white car, make by Sumiyaka also.
Imgur

Imgur

At JAE
Imgur

K Sports fitted
Imgur

Off To France
Imgur

France meet
Imgur

On way to France meet
Imgur

Engine bay in France (more surface area on K&N than 2 x dejons, running MAP2ECU)
Imgur

Eurospec fitted vipec ECU
Imgur

Got it running 442bhp
Imgur

Decided to fit the single turbo kit off Frankie when Sumiyaka closed
Imgur

Bruce fitted it and extended the manifold, so the intake went under the fuse box!
Imgur

That only made shy of 400bhp, so relocated the fuse box and changed the turbo internals, thus bringing power up to 460bhp

Imgur

Imgur

I then got hold of some race gas and made a little more (not bad for a standard engine)

Imgur

Imgur

Currently fitting the IPS manifold as seen mocked up with a spare engine
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Slight alignment issue
Imgur

Don’t like how the wastegates sit so low and how the cross over pipe takes the place of the subframe.

Imgur

Craig’s old radiator
Imgur

I am currently straightening the sills before refitting the bumpers and re-locating the fuse box.

I also have a forged engine and gearbox to build for this project…

4 Likes

As far as the red car goes… it failed it’s MOT just after being my wedding car
Imgur
Terrible spoiler
Imgur
Terrible filtration
Imgur
1st job, changed air filter
Imgur
Was this Knockhill Spiros?
Imgur
Had to replace a rusty panel, which resulted in a full under body restoration (work in progress)
Imgur
I’m not a welder!
Imgur
Painted all these parts with epoxy mastic from rust.co.uk, since they’ve not been fitted I’ll have to re do them… as moisture got below the paint under the car that needs done again :pensive:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
How to move A GTO with no rear end:rofl:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
I don’t expect to get either of the back on the road this year, but maybe next year…

Ewan

2 Likes