Palm data logging on mmc software

To help fellow members i am looking at making up some direct plug in obd1 palm data loggers from used units. Similar to mine and would like to gauge an interest from members.
These will be on palm m130s to m500 series possibly newer if i can get them cheap enough. I expect cost to be around
£80- £100 depending on palm cost with memory card obd1 lead made up and delivery on top.

Thanks dave

2 Likes

Yep i would be interested if you write an instruction manual too :grin:

3 Likes

Deffo something I’d be interested in Dave. Was only looking on Sunday.

Jus

2 Likes

Yes Dave. You know I want one.

2 Likes

What’s the ins and out a for this bit of kit. I’ve got a mk2 jap import 1994 would it be any use? I could be interested

1 Like

Its Mitsubishi motors own data software on a palm reader, will read ECU faults, data logging for your car. I am looking at making up plug and play leads and will be supplying used units with it on… Software is available free to download off web therefore is not copyright like hand held haylo, i find it more portable than a laptop tbh.
Here are some screenshots.

Its an invaluable tool for checking problems and if upping power.
Cheers Dave

2 Likes

This is the palm s515 will be a similar tested unit to this, i will be testing each unit a cable before sending out and possibly put in abs overide switch to allow permanent connection if required.
Cost will depend on unit cost, obd1 plugs, cables, memory card and postage. There won’t be much in it at price but will donate to club funds if i can get them cheap enough.

5 Likes

I have got the same one.

I would be interested in wire.

1 Like

Looks good to me but I’d take one off your hands. Pm me when it’s organised and will make it happen

1 Like

nice touch dave always thinking and doing stuff for other members

8 Likes

thanks Date. Count me in.

1 Like

Unit’s purchased for conversion so far.
Number 1 £85 with leather case only
Number 3 £90 as shown boxed with accessories
Number 2 as new £100 as shown with keyboard and all accessories
Unit’s will be done around end feb, most parts are purchased just waiting odb1 plugs from japan.

The units use 5v so it would not be cost effective for me to add the facility of car charging but the units are rechargeable from base and last a considerable time off base, they will have a switch added to turn off the abs default mode when plugged in also so the leed can be permanently plugged into the obd port.
Please note for clarification this is not the hand held haylo licensed software from 3sx this is mmcd and the leed is not the same as 3sx one, anyone can make this. To compare its value although I should not need to the 3sx software and leed is $199.95 plus import and according to the site no longer in stock for odb1.

3 Likes

I’ve moved this to general and the buyers list to the member sales sections matey :sunglasses: @DavePerky

For those interested in having one

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Do you know if this is relevant to a 1999 mk2? I thought this would be the later obd2 adapter but I could be wrong.

James

1 Like

No Dave won’t fit obd2 sorry bud…it may with a different leed will look into it for you.
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave, if it’s first come/serve put me down for the number 2 and end of Feb is perfect for me…

Jus

1 Like

No problem @justinmandeville, there will be more but yours is now number 2

Thanks Dave. Let me know when she’s good to go n I’ll pay pal you a ‘gift’

1 Like

@lukas how do you currently connect to palm? Usb or rs232 serial cable, Could you picture it mate.

I do not know what name of connection is it, but it looks like that:

Wire from right is going from palm cradle

1 Like